Part of the Integrated Supply Chain Operations team, the Senior Analyst, Supply Chain supports the enterprise logistics operations of set-top-boxes, modems, and network/engineering equipment. Responsibilities include daily monitoring of KPIs to ensure quality and production requirements are being met, as well as managing vendors and internal teams to improve processes and find operational efficiencies. Core areas of focus will include, Inventory Management, Transportation Management, Functional Repair Processing, and overall Production Planning. Cross functional partnership and a focus on execution are a must.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Create, maintain, and analyze key vendor performance metrics across multiple facilities.
- Manage small performance improvement projects to increase production quality & capacity.
- Effectively communicate all project timelines, deliverables, and risks associated with the stand-up and deployment of the operation.
- Partner closely with the broader supply chain organization, including Division and Regional teams, to implement solutions that minimize disruption to the business and optimize our current network.
- Leverage established Supply Chain systems, processes, and tools to focus on effective materials management, planning, forecasting, network optimization, and transportation management.
- Leads analysis and design of existing and new business processes that span multiple areas of the organization, including Customer Operations, Sales Operations, Marketing, Training, Finance and Legal.
- Develops scalable processes to support and benefit the Company's architecture vision.
- Deconstructs technical concepts and metrics to facilitate process development.
- Helps to define success metrics for each new system or process and establishes a plan to track, monitor, and measure the success of those metrics.
- Completes assessments of business processes and documents each of the following areas: problem statements, process flows, gap analyses, and solution recommendations.
- Develops repeatable, and thus scalable, plans and processes in order to speed time to market and improve operational efficiency.
- Interacts closely with matrixed cross-functional teams (both field and corporate) in order to secure alignment.
- Diagnoses, corrects, and documents issues, risks, and problems using Quality Assurance (QA) practices.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study
- Supply Chain Management
Years of Experience
- Generally requires 5-7 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer