The Sports Voice squad is responsible for serving hundreds of thousands of sports related voice commands every day coming from X1’s Emmy Award-winning Voice Remote. We enable customers to quickly tune to the big game; pull up scores, schedules, standings, and stats on their favorite teams and players; and find highlight videos and news clips— all with the power of their voice.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing new features and enhancements for our products and also work with the QA team to maintain product quality and enhance test coverage. As an engineer on the team you will have a large amount of input on technical design decisions, development, testing, deployment and operational support of the systems we are building. This position will involve working closely with multiple product teams of software engineers and testers within an Agile development environment.
- Working collaboratively with a team of engineers from diverse backgrounds
- Developing new features and fixing bugs
- Writing appropriate levels of documentation
- Participating in code reviews
- Diagnosing and addressing performance bottlenecks
- Proposing and collaborating on new solutions to problems
- Refactoring existing code to make it more maintainable
- Enhancing build tools and scripts, continuous integration infrastructure, packaging and deployment tools.
- Operating and supporting production environments (including on-call support)
- Strong experience developing with HTML5/CSS and related web technologies
- Passion for working with the latest open source technologies
- Independent, organized, and able to work on multiple fast-paced and dynamic projects at the same time
- Experience with Linux operating systems and using command line tools and scripting
- Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively
- Sharp eye for catching bugs both functionally and visually (including alignment, padding, etc.)
- Good analytical and observational skills
- Good technical skills balance with a strong quality ethic
- An inquisitive mind and ability to think creatively
- Ability to grasp technical problems and their implications quickly and take appropriate action
- Ability to quickly learn and become proficient with complex applications
- Extreme passion for enhancing the customer experience
- 5+ years programming experience in various languages
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Nice To Have:
- Heavy experience with any of the following: TypeScript, ReactJS, Docker/Kubernetes, Webpack, AWS, Elasticsearch, Redis, MongoDB, Github, Splunk, Prometheus/Grafana
- Sports fandom and statistical knowledge/interest
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 5-8 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer