The Comcast Business WiFi Center of Excellence (COE) supports the broader Comcast Business organization in advancing its mission to deliver excellence in all things WiFi. The COE helps establish standards and processes for the delivery of WiFi solutions, which includes network design, installation, support, and integration of complex solutions for our customers. This position falls within Deep Blue Communications, A Comcast Business Company.
Responsible for designing and customizing new customer deployments and expansion projects and helping customers integrate our solutions with a wide variety of other systems, including POS, VoIP, Security, Gaming, Audio, and Video, through the initial implementation. Communicate with customers and partners frequently and determine solutions to any complex integration problems that may arise. Serves as the main nexus between technical and business solutions teams. Function as a Wi-Fi Subject Matter Expert for Comcast business teams.
- provides technical leadership in the architecture and development of Comcast Business’ Wi-Fi solutions.
- Manages small and large projects with clients across many verticals
- Delivers technical product training to clients and team members, as required.
- Completes projects with next-generation products or services
- Develops and shares best practices across the organization.
- Mentors more junior members of the department.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary. Must be able to travel as needed.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- Generally, requires 5+ years related experience
- Advanced understanding of IP networking
- Advanced understanding of commercial WiFi
- Understanding of structured cabling, fiber/copper/GPON/Docsis
- Experienced with Ekahau, AirMagnet, MS Office, Visio, Auto CAD
- Industry and Product Certifications
- Cisco/Meraki, HPE/Aruba, Ruckus/Brocade
- IoT, Zigbee, BLE, LoRa
- this position will allow for remote candidates
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer