Tech Intern- Information Technology Internship (Atlanta, GA)
This internship is a summer program based at Comcast’s Central Division office in Atlanta, Georgia. The program is designed to identify high-caliber talent to build our organization with the best and the brightest students who come from a variety of sourcing channels, including on-campus engagement, partner organizations, and direct applications. As an intern in the program, you would expect to work a 40 hour/week schedule over the course of 11 weeks throughout the summer.
Additionally, your experience will include:
Engagement: Working on creative, innovative, and thought-provoking projects within various business units at Comcast during your internship experience.
Exposure: An inside look into the day-to-day operations of an organization at the cutting edge of media and technology.
Professional development: You will be exposed to a variety of professional development topics facilitated through our partners at Comcast University and senior leaders within the organization. These sessions are inclusive of speaker series, skill-building workshops, and networking opportunities.
Mentorship: Mentoring from fellow colleagues to help you navigate your experience, provide coaching, and expand your professional network.
Fun: Continuously develop relationships with fellow interns through social activities, community building, and networking.
The Information Technology interns will assist full time project coordinators and managers on a variety of projects. Prepare to be engaged in thought-provoking projects, experience a cutting edge organization from the inside, gain professional development skills and have access to a wide range of mentorship and networking opportunities.
Comcast has multiple internship opportunities and your responsibilities will vary; functional areas may include but not limited to:
- Application Development
- Information Security
- Information Systems Analysis
- Systems Administration
- Big Data Analysis
- Project Management/Business Analysis
- Process Improvement
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree from a United States-based college or university
- Authorized to work in the United States of America
- Ability to work a minimum of 35 hours per week
- Currently pursuing a major in: Computer Science, Information Systems, Software or Computer Engineering, Digital Media, Technology or a related field
- Strong interest in the technology, telecommunications, cable and media industries
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance
- Ability to work independently and in group settings
- Previous related experience including internships
- Relational database Management system (SQL Server)
- Operating systems (Linux/Unix)
- Markup language (CSS, HTML)
- Security (Network Intrusion Detection, IDS/IPS, Vulnerability, Malware, Firewalls)
- Reporting/Data (Cognos BI, ClickFox CEA and Genesys Advisor, Microsoft SQL)
- Scripting (Linux/Unix Shell)
- GUI design, human computer interaction, information architecture
- Metadata analysis, parallel computing, distributed programming, video analytics
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer