Technical Business Analyst, Legal
The Business Analyst – Legal Solutions Analyst will join the Legal Technology Operations group.
We are looking for an experienced Business Analyst with demonstrated skills in a Corporate Legal/Compliance Function. This individual will be responsible for development, documentation, and delivery of process innovations to achieve business goals. Seek opportunities to transform company practices into fresh, cost-effective solutions leading to more efficient operations. Knowledge of Salesforce and cloud based platforms in Legal/Compliance domain is highly desirable. The role will serve as a liaison between Legal end users and the Comcast/NBCUniversal IT function, so the ability to successfully communicate across functions is integral.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Assist in defining scope, recommending processes, documenting requirements, and effectively communicating project status to stakeholders and management.
• Production of professional and clearly defined business requirements documentation, visibility/workflow structures, functional designs, system interface diagrams and conducting User Acceptance Testing.to support existing code and configuration based functionality.
• Participation in process improvement and technical solution analysis to deliver the best possible resolution to our business customers.
• Effective participate in end to end implementation practices for multiple concurrent technology and process efforts across Legal
• Assist in the development of curriculum and provide user training.
• Build relationships and collaborate with Legal practice groups and IT functions across Comcast/NBCUniversal
• Technical aptitude highly desired (Ex: SQL, Salesforce, Cloud Platforms)
• Excellent analytical, creative, organization and problem solving skills
• Extremely motivated and ability to operate in a fast paced environment
- Generally requires 5-7 years related experience
-3-5 years of experience as a Business Analyst or similar role preferred
- Corporate Legal, Media or Law Firm experience highly preferred.
- Working knowledge of Corporate functions
- Experience working with IT teams and 3rd Party Cloud Providers highly preferred
- Hands on experience implementing and supporting various Corporate Automation tools
- Ability to gather, analyze, and implement data requirements to meet functional and technical specifications
- Demonstrate honesty, integrity and professionalism at all times.
- Highly motivated self-starter who takes initiative with minimal supervision.
- Innovative problem-solver who can generate workable solutions and resolve issues.
- Flexible team player who thrives in environments requiring ability to effectively prioritize and juggle multiple concurrent projects/tasks.
- Exceptional listener and communicator who effectively conveys information verbally and in writing.
- Ability to apply broad business knowledge and practical experience to the analysis / solution generation process.
- Excellent and demonstrable knowledge of SDLC processes
- Demonstrated business analysis skills with hands on approach preferably within the Legal/Compliance Domain
- Familiarity with Legal and Compliance Applications
- Knowledge or experience with Business Intelligence Tools
- Project Management experience is a plus.
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree (Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, etc.) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Business Analysis Certifications are a plus
- Project Management Certifications are a plus.
- Technical Certifications are a plus.
- Creates, updates, and preserves important corporate records/documentation.
- Possesses knowledge of the law and legal processes
- Demonstrates excellent organization, communication, and time management skills.
- Oversees the planning and execution of customer meetings as needed.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer