Day 1 benefits for new hires!
The Vice President, Engineering role is a senior executive position that is responsible for providing leadership to the market including Construction, Network Maintenance, and Commercial Operations organizations. The position will be part of a high functioning team of Vice Presidents and member of Regional Senior Leadership Team.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Establishes and maintains recommended construction standards and practices.
- Oversees work activities of installation, site survey, trouble call and construction coordination of commercial customers.
- Aligns performance metrics to support the achievement of business, department, and team goals. Works closely with division and region staff to ensure consistency and accuracy in reporting, measuring, and monitoring new build and commercial opportunities.
- Negotiates pricing; executes and manages the On-Target/Dig-Safe contracts to guarantee the most fluid network underground plant protection operating procedures and the best financial pricing for each region within the division.
- Works closely with Corporate/Legal to ensure that all contractors/vendors meet all Company guidelines for Certificate of Insurances and Company Master Agreements.
- Leads and directs the Division Design Center team. Ensures accuracy of all plant design.
- Works with commercial lead to develop and execute overall strategies that will support both residential and commercial initiatives.
- Practices and ensures Company safety policies and procedures are followed testing and field soak.
- Provides a sustaining engineering role for networking technologies.
- Builds relationships with the Division and Market Engineering and Operations, National Engineering and-Operations and Corporate Business development groups.
- Works in conjunction with Test and Quality Assurance organization to optimize quality control of devices and technology.
- Deploys new functionality quickly and accurately, minimizing disruptions even during maintenance windows.
- Sets the reporting standards and then works with the Manager of Engineering to analyze reports for such issues as schedule completions for testing, spend levels for NRE costs, yearly license costs, etc.
-Works with staff to recruit and retain top engineering talent.
- Leads by example in creating an environment that encourages open communication, sharing ideas and best practices and building strong cross-functional relationships.
- Reviews work from a relatively long-term perspective and against the function's goals. Translates corporate strategy and field priorities into short- and mid-term objectives for the function.
- Provides leadership to staff to ensure activities of all Network Maintenance, Construction, and Commercial Operations employees are performed optimally and in compliance with Company standards of quality and efficiency.
- Responsible for managing a large budget, including labor and capital expenses.
- Creates strategies to achieve business goals such as; increasing revenues, limiting expenses, adding subscribers and developing a skilled, motivated, satisfied and diverse workforce.
- Directs and participates in planning activities related to the Area through the preparation of various budgets and forecasts to meet defined objectives for growth and profitability.
- Strategically works with other functional leaders in forecasting customer activity and resulting resource requirements at each of the plants; identifies and manages resource allocation and needed employee skill sets within the plants based on forecasted work levels.
- Works with Technical Operations and Care leadership in identifying training needs, ensuring staff has the correct combination of skills to meet the expanding broadband needs of our customers.
- Builds and maintains favorable and beneficial relationships with community residents and public officials within the area to protect the company’s franchises and to permit profitable customer rates throughout.
- Reviews and submits reports that provide critical data to drive ongoing operational performance improvement.
- Interprets, administers, and implements corporate policies and procedures. Approves policies and major operating procedures.
- Remains current on all technological and related advances in order to facilitate optimal productivity and accuracy for the drafting function.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent is preferred.
- Generally requires 15+ years related experience.
- 5-10 years of experience in telecommunications management.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 25%
- Demonstrated success in the following core competencies: Visionary thinking complimented by shaping and executing strategy; business orientation to include functional depth and breadth within telecommunications’ operations and strong financial and budgetary skills.
- Strong decision-making skills coupled with the ability to lead change.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills that will contribute to team development and in working with other stakeholders including governmental agencies and senior management.
- Respect for others, personal responsibility, adaptability to change, and a passion and motivation to approach all aspects of the job with optimism and enthusiasm.<
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer