Lead Research Engineer
Responsible for identifying complex problems and developing individual
algorithms to solve them. Evaluates accuracy and functionality of
individual algorithms, and understands the overall implications of
entire frameworks. Develops and tests prototypes and new products and
applications to demonstrate functionality and transition algorithms to
the Engineering team to put into production. Responsible for the initial
design and implementation of future products and applications. Analyzes
and evaluates solutions both internally generated as well as third party
supplied. Develops novel ways to solve problems and discover new
products, provide guidance and leadership to more junior researchers.
Collaborates and influences immediate team members and collaborates
cross functionally. Deciphers tasks into functional components and
delegates to other members of the team. Integrates knowledge of business
and functional priorities. Acts as a key contributor in a complex and
crucial environment. May lead teams or projects and shares expertise.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how
you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being
open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that
brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
- Guides the successful completion of high profile, revenue impacting
programs. May serve as a leader to others on assigned projects.
- Develops technical solutions to high profile, revenue impacting and
- Develops specifications, technical requirements, algorithms and
frameworks of custom designs for future products and applications.
- Determines the technical objectives of an assignment. Leads the design
of prototypes, partnering with the product team and other stakeholders
through development. Conducts studies to support product or application
- Organizes and maintains resources. Researches, writes and edits
documentation and technical requirements, including evaluation plans,
confluence pages, white papers, presentations, test results, technical
manuals, formal recommendations and reports. Creates patents, API's and
other intellectual property. Presents papers and/or attends conferences,
as well as displaying leadership in these areas.
- Tests and evaluates solutions presented to the Company by various
internal and external partners and vendors. Completes case studies,
testing and reporting.
- Represents the work team and organization as the prime technical
contact on assigned projects.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Mathematics, or Statistics
- Generally requires 7-11 years related experience.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer