The Media Sales Division’s primary role is to develop and support software products that will help the division reach its business goals. The primary role of a Media Sales Product Manager is to support and maintain the advancement of assigned projects, which should ultimately produce increased client satisfaction.
Working closely with the Director of Media Sales Products, the Senior Product Manager is responsible for the product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle, including: gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with development, sales, training, and support to ensure customer satisfaction goals are met. The Product Manager should have a thorough understanding of the set of competitive products in the marketplace and their associated capabilities. The Product Manager's job also includes ensuring that the product supports the organization’s overall strategy and goals.
On a day-to-day basis the Product Manager is expected to author detailed product development specifications, oversee the development team assigned to the PM to ensure that: questions are answered, deliverables are correct, and timelines are adhered to. QA for the product enhancements including testing and bug identification and resolution is handled by the PM as well. The PM is also expected to author version logs and to create or delegate to the Media Sales trainers any help documentation related to the product enhancements.
In addition to product development, the Product Manager will be responsible for data testing and integrity, research related projects and development as assigned.
Project Management Skills
- Design writing
- Timeline management
Knowledge of operations, business systems and processes of our clients. This is critical in supporting the goals of the Media Sales Division as well as designing large systems.
- Business knowledge is mandatory in order to push projects and development for all departments through as completely as possible.
- This includes designing features or new products.
- Must be able to think critically about the business and the research associated with each project.
- Responsible for communicating changes effectively.
Uses current technology and tools to solve customer issues (internal and external) and maximizes productivity.
- Ability to learn new software packages and technology.
- Ability to understand new technology quickly and independently – e.g. XML Schemas, DB designs, Software Process diagrams, etc.
- Troubleshoots and develops technical solutions related to software and setup errors for Client Service, Trainers, Sales and Strata Clients.
- Creates workaround procedures when standard procedures have failed and ensures issues are resolved timely.
- Develops, publishes, and implements quality assurance testing on software products.
- Ability to implement and troubleshoot programming changes and modifications.
- Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions.
Is proactive and accountable
- Sees the big picture and seeks advice from direct and indirect managers for clarification of goals.
- Takes initiative – includes but not limited to extending and finding solutions for problems that may not exist rather than reactively fixing issues that have escalated.
- Dependable – includes but not limited to reporting status before asked, alerting superiors of problems, ensuring that a backup exists when taking time off and that others know what to do during a planned absence.
Manages time appropriately
- Works well under pressure to meet deadlines and requests
- Has ability to multitask and prioritize tasks
- Reacts quickly and responds appropriately
- Listens carefully to ensure understanding of goals prior to making decisions or taking actions.
- Understands internal and external client requests and seeks clarification appropriately with internal staff and subject matter experts.
- Extracts and communicates necessary information or requirements from internal staff and business units to programmers.
- Consults with users to identify current operating procedures and to clarify program objectives.
- Creates clear and concise written and oral communications that can be supported.
- Thinks outside of the box to ensure that all team members understand thoughts and ideas as well as to be mature enough to accept differences and move forward.
- Differentiates between when supervisory input is needed vs. when it is not
- Escalates urgent problems requiring more in-depth knowledge to appropriate internal resources.
- Identifies the issue and thinks it through sequentially and logically
- Differentiates symptoms from causes
- Identifies problems; gathers facts and other appropriate resources needed to resolve issues
- Understands available options and recommends/implements solutions.
- Writes and updates documentation on Strata’s software products or assigns and organizes authorship by Media Sales trainers.
- Communicates changes, additions, and bugs to internal staff and clients.
- Maintains departmental and product resources.
- Expected to communicate and track programming assignments to programmers.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with programmers and other support staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum of 2 years experience in the Media or Advertising industry or comparable experience
- Demonstrated success in defining and/or launching products
- Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative media data services such as Nielsen, Arbitron and Scarborough data.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Technical background, with experience in SQL and .NET extremely helpful
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Bachelor's degree in a business or technology related field or equivalent experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer