Specl 2, Construction (Arden Hills, MN)
Military Experience Welcome!
Benefits for new hires start on Day 1.
Responsible for overseeing/monitoring the activities of Construction Technicians and/or contractors to ensure new construction, repair, and system maintenance activities are completed in accordance with established standards. Administers some aspects of construction activities, including materials, labor, and resource allocation planning. Acts as lead in teams and projects. Has developed knowledge and skills in own discipline. Still acquiring higher level skills. Works with moderate guidance in own area of knowledge
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Ensures the execution of overhead/underground construction duties such as: placing hard-line cables, frame and strand poles, transfer facilities between poles, place cable in joint trench, and safe operation of construction vehicles and cable trailers.
- Investigates and monitors accurate record keeping with regards to project start, milestone dates, production logs, material costs, and labor expenditures.
- Instructs work site safety standards; conducts work site visits to ensure compliance with safety standards and participates in regular safety meetings with the crew.
- Ensures that resources (i.e. vehicles, equipment, and inventory) are maintained in proper working order.
- Supports Specialists and leadership team with coordination of projects.
- Generates logs and reports on construction, projects, materials, and expenditures.
- Reviews, resolves, follows-up customer request and complaints.
- Monitors performance of construction crew to established goals and objectives.
- Advises, trains, and guides technicians.
- Assists with the annual plant construction budget.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer