Director Government & Regulatory Affairs
Responsible for local regulatory and public policy matters for the assigned geographic area. Develops and implements legislative strategies and monitors legislation within the municipalities and counties. Works with elected officials, city and county staffs on matters affecting the business and coordinates local advocacy organizations to further the company's business goals. Oversees corporate initiatives and community affairs activities. Directs and leads staff and project teams consisting of managers, professional, and non-exempt employees.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Develops and implements strategy for government affairs and public policy issues for specific counties and municipalities as well as strategy for local regulatory initiatives.
- Build, maintain, and strengthen relationships with government representatives, regulators and community leaders.
- Monitor, analyze and draft ordinances, administrative rules, legislation and testimony as necessary. Serve as project manager in undertaking multidisciplinary reviews and analyses of and response to local legislative proposals.
- Coordinates and supports relationships with business, industry and policy coalitions regarding local policy, legislative and regulatory initiatives that are of common interest.
- Develops and execute community impact programs to strengthen relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Organizes and directs franchise renewal efforts in the assigned geographic area, including developing and implementing franchise renewal strategies consistent with corporate guidelines; secures timely franchise renewals on acceptable terms; manages the maintenance of local franchise
administration and database information; and ensures the timely delivery
of franchise renewal notifications.
- Manages consultants and lobbyists to implement strategies or initiatives.
- Oversees programming and budget related to corporate initiatives and community affairs activities.
- Excellent drafting, writing, negotiating, problem solving, and communications skills.
- Experience with engagement, advocacy, and legislative coalitions.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Superior writing, communication, and problem-solving skills.
-Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines with high quality work product and results.
- Exercise consistent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
Education Level-Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study Law, Public Policy, Business, Communications
Years of Experience-Generally requires 10+ years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer