We are looking for an experienced technical manager to lead the Offshore Operations and Infrastructure teams. This team is responsible for operating the products and services that provide design/drafting and GIS solutions at Comcast. In addition to team management responsibilities, the AEGIS Manager will also serve as a key member of the management team and is expected to contribute to team strategy, establish/maintain product road maps, and present regularly to upper management. If you are an experienced technical manager and strategic thinker, this job is for you!
- Lead a team of highly talented engineers. Foster employee growth and serve as their advocate. Eliminate road blocks that prohibit individual progress. Work with team members to ensure long-term career goals are being maintained and proactively managed.
- Maintain team effectiveness. Recruit top talent as needed. Ensure employee skill sets expand to meet changing business priority and shifts in industry best-practices. Carefully measure and monitor overall capacity to ensure the team is positioned to meet upcoming business needs. Maintain high team morale.
- Technical Program Ownership. Accountable for the successful execution of assigned projects and the Environmental Technical Program. Present status regularly to peers and executive management. Embrace and support agility. Provide reliable, scalable, and sustainable environments for engineering partners.
- Contribute to Departmental Strategy. Collaborate with management peers to ensure the department is able to execute business needs in a rapidly-changing environment. Keep abreast of industry trends and be passionate about continuously improving the department.
- Communication. Ensure team members are aware of deadlines for required recurring team, departmental, and company-wide requirements. Ensure team transparency for project and program status to customers.
- Marketing. Ensure our partners, customers, and potential customers are aware of the capabilities of our team and capacity limits of our team.
- Metrics. Provide team and project KPI's, milestones to leadership.
- Courage and Conviction. Stands up to do what is right for the program and challenge decisions.
- Data Driven. Is passionate about data and backs up conviction with facts.
- Diplomacy. Presents counter opinions or difficult topics in a tactful way.
- Autonomy. Works without guidance and is comfortable making important decisions independently.
- Servant Leadership. Is an advocate for their team.
- Technically Conversant-Grasp difficult technical concepts and communicate those concepts to a non-technical audience. Understand whether or not a proposed solution meets requirements or increases scope.
- Exceptional communication skills. Projects presence over a conference call. Writes concise documentation.
- Previous hands-on technical experience in a large-scale production environment.
- Experience with Agile project management principles.
- Experience with GitHub, Slack, and JIRA ticketing systems.
- Experience implementing Agile.
- Experience working closely with Comcast business units.
- Experience working at Comcast as a technical manager for production systems.
- Experience in the GIS industry.
Bachelors Degree or Equivalent experience/certifications
Years Experience: 11+years total experience-(Technical and management) At least seven leading/managing technical operations teams in a production environment.
Comcast NBCUniversal is an equal opportunity, Veterans, Disabled and LGBT employer