Eng 3, Engineering Ops
Responsible for participating as an individual contributor in project
teams, troubleshooting operational issues, providing technical solutions
to operational problems, new product implementation, implementing
existing products and services, and the overall upkeep and maintenance
of designated areas of engineering. Interfaces with vendors,
engineering, and peer operations organizations. Acts in compliance with
industry and Company technical requirements, standards, policies, and
procedures. Provides technical leadership to junior Engineers and
project teams. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own
discipline. Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities.
Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment. May lead
teams or projects and shares expertise.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how
you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being
open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that
brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
- Drives issues through closure engaging all appropriate resources.
Leads technical bridges and provides troubleshooting direction. Provides
guidance and recommended solutions to complex technical issues.
- Acts as an advocate for Engineering Operations procedures, policies,
and processes. Ensures projects are fully integrated into the operations
environment including lifecycle problem management from front line CARE
- Creates data and metric systems to track operational workflows;
maintains records of results and feedback. Analyzes data and metrics,
identifies problem areas, and provides actionable insight to management.
- Provides input to Engineering and vendors on defects and required
enhancements. Attains all relevant industry standard technical
- Performs complex and routine maintenance tests for designated areas of
engineering. Identifies, isolates, and escalates issues to appropriate
personnel. Ensures that all maintenance is properly validated to
minimize subscriber impact to (ideally) zero.
- Contributes to design considerations for new products or architectural
changes to existing products. Assists with or leads efforts to build
new application infrastructure, coordinating efforts across teams.
- Analyses problems in design, configuration, data flow, and data state
within a highly complex multi-product provisioning system.
- Serves as team lead on multiple projects, often spanning different
engineering disciplines within the organization.
- Leads the integration of projects into operations including
instrumentation, automation, standardization, and methods/procedures.
- Does not have any direct supervisory responsibilities. May direct
workflow and act as a technical lead.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 5-8 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer