The Reliability Engineering (Outage Management) team is looking for a highly skilled engineer that can help manage outages, application support and support operations. This team member will be responsible for project management, system design, and reviewing architectural blueprints. In addition this individual will be working closely with the DevOps team to analyze risk and providing a higher level evaluation of our systems.
Looking for an enthusiastic engineer with the ability to contribute to multiple facets of our environment.
Must have working knowledge of any Cloud computing platform (Steel Cloud, Elastic Cloud, Cloud Foundry, AWS, Azure, etc).
High level knowledge of Distributed Enterprise Applications including Load balancing.
Proficient in any coding/scripting language: Python, Node JS, Selenium, Java Programming language, etc.
Understanding, experience and ability to work in an Agile/Scrum environment.
Demonstrated ability to review and analyze blueprints and design artifacts of Enterprise Applications to ensure architectural compliance of solutions with reliability criteria.
Create and recommend technically sound solutions for instrumentation orchestration and reliability of the system.
Ability to perform impact, root cause analysis and develop recommendations for corrective and preventative solutions.
Accountable for understanding and managing services across highly complex ecosystems cutting across multiple technologies, organizations, people, companies, and solutions.
Requires detailed understanding of complex inter and intra dependencies.
-At least 5 8 years of experience as an engineer supporting enterprise applications.
- Solid experience with tomcat server, spring and hibernate.
-Experience with reviewing designs and providing root cause analysis.
-Creative, self-motivated team player willing to take the lead to develop cutting-edge solutions.
-Clear and effective verbal and written communications skills.
-Demonstrated initiative to initiate and build relationships both internally and externally with minimal supervision/direction from management.
-Proven ability to manage multiple tasks/projects as well as to lead small, directed projects.
-Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
-Any related industry or vendor certification is a plus
-Generally requires 5-8 years related experience
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex or any other legally protected category.