Java Software Engineer
Comcast Technology Solutions' purpose is to be the most valued partner to those leading the future of media and technology. Leveraging the most complete portfolio of capabilities, unmatched expertise and Comcast's unrivaled infrastructure, we help customers thrive in a rapidly evolving multi-platform world by powering extraordinary experiences to every screen. If you share a passion for contributing your talents to empowered teams, possess an entrepreneurial spirit and are driven by imagination and possibilities, we want to develop and grow your career at Comcast Technology Solutions.
The Client Integration Engineer (CIE) is a diverse, hybrid role requiring a technical background in core-programming (preferably Javaand web technologies), excellent communication and project management skills, as well as the desire and skill to design and implement end-to-end online video solutions for Comcast Technology Solution's (CTS) customers.
CTS's media publishing system APIis extensive and requires in-depth technical understanding in order to be applied effectively. The CIE role requires exceptional resourcefulness and organizational skills in order to complete customer engagements successfully.
This rewarding position offers a tremendous opportunity to learn from working with a broad range of customers, technologies, and project types in the online video space, and a chance to interact with media organizations in Europe and beyond.
- Serve as CTS's primary technical contact with customers, providing seamless project management through all phases of the customer relationship
- Gather customer requirements, and evaluate, prototype, implement and document technical solution designs to fulfill a project's particular needs using CTS's products and services as well as other technologies
- Works closely with other team members and cross-departmental functions to implement solutions, provide technical advice, and weigh in on decisions that impact customers
- Coordinate with the customer, account manager, support team and technical personnel on all sides to meet customer needs, while managing customer expectations to prevent overload or missed deadlines
- Develop and code custom Java/Groovy scripts using the CTS APIs according to the customer's ingest requirements
- Communicate regularly with the customer to evaluate satisfaction; identifying how new service features might best fit upcoming needs
- Formal routing of customers' feature requests/bugs to CTS's engineering, sales or support teams as needed
Required skills and experience
- 3+ years software engineering experience with Java/Groovy (strong object-oriented experience in other languages would be considered)
- Generally requires 2-5+ years of related experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational and time management skills
- Experience working with REST Web Services, HTTP/FTP protocols and using tools such as Charles/Fiddler to analyze network traffic
- Strong sense of responsibility and project ownership
- Expert in software development practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations
- Customer-facing or project management experience would be a major advantage
- Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Able to handle minor design and analysis responsibility
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- Digital asset management, especially video processing and delivery. Experience working with transcoding, packaging, DRM and adaptive-bitrate streaming technologies in a media environment would be a huge advantage
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field will consider work experience in lieu of a degree
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer