Test Engineer 2
Job Title: Quality Engineer E2
Education Qualification & Work Experience Criteria:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science IT related field with equivalent work experience
- Minimum 2+ experience in an IT or product development or telecom or equivalent work environment.
Quality Engineering Comcast India Engineering Center, Chennai
Comcast is seeking a talented individual who has experience in creating and maintaining automated test scripts and data for web services & web application, executing automated and manual tests suites, and assessing and evaluating quality assurance test requirements to determine scope to be covered by the automated testing suite. You will be responsible for using your technical knowledge of professional concepts to test the quality of the services in an automated manner/environment. You will be responsible for designing, producing, executing, and maintaining automated test suites and test cases, as well as manual test suites for those tests that may not qualify for automation. You will participate in code reviews of automated test code and will debug this same code. You will also provide instruction and guidance to less senior team members on new tasks and assignments.
- Analyze requirements and design specifications to ensure product verification.
- Create, execute, and manage test strategies, test plans, re-usable test scenarios.
- Participate in the defect management and triage functions.
- Collaborate with other Engineers to identify, reproduce, document defects, bugs, or problems using the project's issue tracking tool
- Review technical specifications and provide work estimations.
- Responsible for the preparation of test environments and test data.
- Provide regular communication of project status and issues requiring escalation.
- Assists in gathering and analyzing test data.
- Produce and maintain Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) around the testing performed within the team.
- Assist in the availability management of multiple QA environments that are used to test new software and the software deployments for Comcast's customer support application.
- Work within the global delivery model (onshore, nearshore & offshore).
- Prepare presentations and communicate with user groups inside Comcast and with external vendors.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work some nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime based on project demands.
- Establishing and fostering one-on-one relationships within and outside the department
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Strong knowledge of QA methodology & Agile.
- 3 to 5 years progressive responsibility and experience in testing and quality assurance
- Experience creating and maintaining complex automated test code, scripts, data, and associated drivers per recognized SDLC methodology
- Experience assessing and evaluating quality assurance test requirements to determine scope of functionality to be covered by the automated testing suite
- Experience maintaining documentation on automation modifications and updates
- Experiencing performing manual testing
- Experience identifying and implementing where task automation and process improvements can add value
- Experience with SQL, XML, SOAP, REST, JSON, Unix, Windows, Selenium, and Groovy Script
- Experience working closely with development and test teams to ensure the final code delivery meets product, quality and performance standards
- Experience coordinating and/or conducting re-testing after defects are addressed, and summarizing and publishing test
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Works well individually or on a team.
- Rapidly grasps new technology and abstraction; stays in tune with evolving technologies/standards.
- Must possess the ability to maintain balance between multiple perspectives: customer, business, technical and operations.
Comcast NBCUniversal is an equal opportunity, Veterans, Disabled and LGBT employer.