Manager, FP&A - Alpharetta, GA
Responsible for managing the financial planning process and managing the profitability of existing and new business operations. Provides an analysis of profitability variances and recommendations for corrective actions. Establishes, implements, and maintains a system of financial and operational controls and procedures to effectively manage internal audit activities.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Compares financial results to planned or forecasted results and recommends future actions. Analyzes the ongoing profitability of all new businesses and/or programs entered into by the Company.
- Serves as a technical liaison to Accounting, management, and other staff by providing financial planning experience, financial information and modeling, activity analysis, and variance analysis.
- Prepares and reviews budget materials for executive leaders and the Board.
- Performs and critiques economic evaluation justifications for capital expenditures.
- Supervises, coaches, develops, and prioritizes the workflow for Senior Financial Analyst and team members assigned to project teams.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 6-9 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer