Development Engineer 2
Job Title: Software Development Engineer 2
- Exposure to development, enhancement & support of highly responsive Business-to-consumer (B2C) / e-Commerce Retail portals leveraging Content Management Solutions (CMS) & Analytics Plug-ins, Accessibility Engineering
- Experience with developing Front-end Applications based on / conforming to Design Specs (Zeplin) & Product Requirements in Agile Projects
- Experience with Web Servers/Proxies (NGINX, Apache) , Continuous integration and delivery, Jenkins, Ansible and other CDCI technologies
Education Qualification & Work Experience Criteria:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Computer Science or IT or equivalent technical discipline)
- Minimum2.5 Years of experience in an IT or product development or telecom or equivalent work environment.
Frontend Developer-responsible for implementing the UX Designs & Product requirements using the recommended Technology stack & solution components to deliver best-in-class User Experience across frontend (Web & Mobile) channels. Investigates the tickets assigned to implement requirements, perform enhancements and/or fix Bugs in our existing applications. Performs Unit Testing & peer reviews code/ verifies that the object oriented design best practices and that coding and architectural guidelines are adhered to. Analyzes tickets assigned and drives them through closure. Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment.
The successful candidate will be responsible for quality software development following agile principles and help install and operate systems in a continuous delivery model. The selected person should be a team worker who has experience working along with a geographically distributed team. Strong analytical, programing and troubleshooting skills to understand, analyze business requirements and build quality deliverables or operate and sustain complex systems.
- Development, Enhancement, Bug-Fixing & Live troubleshooting of Frontend Applications (End Customer facing Web Application primarily & Mobile / Enterprise Apps) interfacing with our BSS deployed in On-Prem / Cloud Foundry / AWS ecosystem and using a diverse data tier (mix of RDBMS & NoSql DBs) in an agile environment
- Interfaces with other development teams and other technical/functional architects to ensure that most efficient solutions are developed-implemented to meet business needs.
- Ensures tickets/tasks assigned are completed with well engineered, operable, maintainable solutions and delivered on schedule.
- Based on guidance from senior developers and architects, develops solutions (both tactical and strategic) to fully manage/support enterprise needs, services, systems and technology management.
- Shares knowledge with team members in relevant technologies and implementation.
- Practice test-driven development in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Skills and expertise:
- Hands-on experience with the Technology stack mentioned above
- Experience with developing and enhancing Frontend (Web) Solutions as well as leveraging evolving set of APIs to deliver an unparalleled customer experience.
- Work very cohesively with Architects, Lead Developers, Product Owners, UX Designers, Backend (API & Data Layer) Engineers/Leads, Accessibility Engineers, QA teams & L2/DevOps groups to accomplish complex UI functionality needed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Comcast NBCUniversal is an equal opportunity, Veterans, Disabled and LGBT employer.