MANAGER, PROJECT MANAGEMENT
Responsible for managing the daily operations, performance, and activities of a team of dynamic MES Project Managers. Provides leadership and direction for diverse and complex functions and resolves escalations in an organized and timely fashion. Contributes to the development and execution of the organization's operational strategy. Interprets operational strategy and develops team objectives to align with this strategy. Implements business standards, goals, strategies, procedures, and objectives that are competitive with industry standards. Collaborates with other Comcast Business teams to provide a best in class experience for our internal and external customers.
- Manages the day-to-day activities of a team of MES project managers responsible for the coordination and successful implementation of Comcast Business MES products, including associated SMB products during installation of services.
- Acts as a technical resource to team members and for lateral departments.
- Ensures proficiency and continuity of project managers through optimum selection, training and development, appraisal, and motivational techniques.
- Sets team priorities and checks work performance on regular intervals.
- Assigns and load balances work across a team of MES project managers.
- Directs and monitors implementation activity ensuring compliance to M&Ps and recognized best practices.
- Reviews and validates data within systems and tools to identify risks, issues and gaps; works with cross-functional teams to mitigate risks.
- Provides strategic support for MES project managers as follows: (1) resolves systemic process gaps and issues, (2) identifies systemic tasks completion issues and develops solutions to resolve, (3) defines standards and implements appropriate quality assurance reviews to ensure compliance and (4) provides support for new product and systems launches.
- Proactive in identifying and implementing process improvements that will ensure the operational efficiency of the team and the success of the implementation of services.
- Determines overall staffing requirements relating to the team. Conducts interviews, hires, and trains new employees for specific project assignments.
- Conducts regularly scheduled team meetings and one-on-ones with the team and individual Project Managers in order to ensure a quality employee and customer experience.
- Coaches, develops and evaluates personnel in compliance with Comcast requirements for employee performance management and provides feedback to the team.
- Partners and collaborates with MES crossfunctional teams to ensure alignment around implementation and improving the customer experience to ensure operational goals are met.
- Resolves issues affecting implementation, scheduling, quality, etc. Escalates issues requiring higher level review and/or action to senior leadership, as necessary.
- Maintains effective business and field leadership communications and relationships.
- Works with various managers and leaders to lay out project implementation guidelines and plan for manpower and/or other resource requirements.
- Manages projects of major importance to overall business operations by reporting status, tracking delays, and making required adjustments.
- Directs project teams in the development and implementation of project plans.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Negotiates, administers, and monitors contracts.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to worknights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Experience in a supervisory or managerial role
- Prior project management experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of Excel, SalesForce, Workbench, CSG, Singleview, Microsoft Project Online, PIVOT, NAP, ILEX, Smartsheets, Orion
- Previous Comcast Business Enterprise Customer Care/Operations experience highly preferred
Education Level-Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
Years of Experience-Generally requires 6-9 years related experience
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff,be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team,make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making callbacks and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors, and our communities.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer