Sr. Manager Employee Communications
The Senior Manager of Employee Communications will be responsible for serving the internal conversation, shaping our brand voice, and delivering powerful writing and graphic design that resonates. Projects can range from crafting a segment for a quarterly all hands meeting to showcase a new product launch or engineering initiative, designing and implementing a change management strategy to roll out a new internal tool, writing FAQs and talking points for a senior executive and refining our team processes, among other projects.
The ideal candidate is a communicator who is committed to high quality and innovation who loves the challenge of capturing a leader's voice, creative storytelling and working in a fast-moving, highly-collaborative environment. This is a hands-on role where you will be both conceiving the strategy and delivering many tactical elements in support of your strategy.
The ideal candidate must have a demonstrated track record supporting senior management with assessing organizational communication needs; developing and delivering a targeted communications strategy; gaining alignment on appropriate timelines; and designing, delivering and measuring communication campaigns. This role requires proficiency in writing, graphic design, presentation development, and project management.
- Prioritize and streamline high volume of information across the organization to surface and spotlight the most mission-critical stories to inform, engage and connect employees, and ultimately drive employee engagement.
- Ensure consistent, authentic and on-brand style/voice/tone is reflected in communications.
- Represent employee perspectives to management and proactively anticipate need for communications.
- Implement change management best practices to inspire action among employees.
- Develop communications plans for specific projects including positioning, messaging, tactics, sequencing of activity, measurement of the communication plan and reinforcement; applying change management methodology where relevant.
- Advise leaders on communication strategy and appropriate tactics for achieving their objectives.
- Anticipate opportunities or roadblocks, bring solutions, innovate new ideas, be accountable for communication risks/issues.
- Consistently exercise independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Prepare and conduct weekly communication pipeline governance call with region partners.
- Work closely with region peers to reduce duplication of content by facilitating shared content strategies and facilitates best practice sharing across teams building a One Team atmosphere.
- Coordinate the efforts of content owners to ensure the consistency of look and messaging.
- Participate in team, staff, and department meetings.
- Regularly seek feedback on the quality of communications delivered by the team.
- Define and refine team processes to ensure a consistent quality experience.
- Develop and manage weekly, monthly and quarterly resource planning.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Ability to work within a deadline-driven environment
- Exceptional project and time management skills, can handle multiple projects at once
- Strong research, organizational, planning and learning skills
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment, is flexible and a nimble thinker.
- Willingness to take direction and feedback; flexible and open to new ideas
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility; motivated and committed to excellence; positive attitude and "can do" work ethic
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, etc.)
- Has a flexible writing and editorial style to address multiple audiences, while maintaining the organization's voice.
- Experience creating targeted content that generates measurable ROI
- Evaluate effectiveness of communication strategies, tactics and means of measuring results, and tracks changes and trends over time.
- Experience creating digital content, editing content and video, posting and tracking analytics preferred
- Strong history and experience using digital technology (including content management systems) and social tools to communicate
- Strong interpersonal skills: collaborative, relationship builder, motivates others, promotes team work, excellent written and verbal communication skill
- Commitment to meet individual and team deadlines (both self-imposed and project-directed), while delivering high-quality work. Ability to hold others and self-accountable
- Experience working in a corporate setting is preferred; comfortable presenting work to others and coaching others on work
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Education Level: Bachelor Degree or Equivalent
- Years of Experience-Generally requires 8-11 years of related experience
- Communications, Graphic Design, or Marketing or equivalent experience in one of these fields
- 10+ years of experience working in Communications, Graphic Design, or Marketing
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer