Senior Product Manager
FreeWheel, a Comcast company, has superior end-to-end technology, premium marketplace, and best in market advisory services that power the advertising businesses of the largest media and entertainment companies in the world, including AOL, DIRECTV, Fox, NBC Universal, Turner Broadcasting System and Viacom in U.S., and Sky and Channel 4 in Europe. From our unique position at the center of the premium video economy, we enable our clients to unify audiences across desktop, mobile, OTT, and traditional STB devices, and profitably monetize their content. Headquartered in San Mateo, with offices in New York, London, and Beijing, FreeWheel stands to advocate for the entire industry through the FreeWheel Council for Premium Video.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
FreeWheel seeks a Sr Product Manager to oversee ongoing enhancements and strategic direction of its TV Markets platform and to develop new, related product offerings. In this role, you will focus on product areas that include inventory management, allocation, deal management, yield optimization and insights. In this position you will:
- Participate in the full product enhancement lifecycle, from requirements gathering and prioritization of enhancement requests through design and oversight of implementation
- Help to maintain ongoing relationships with FreeWheel's Markets platform customers, gathering requirements and feedback from our customers on an ongoing basis to guide the product roadmap and strategy, solve customer issues and identify areas for improvement
- Develop detailed requirements specifications, including detailed user interface mockups and the business logic
- Work closely with FreeWheel's engineering team to plan, oversee and guide implementation
- Investigate and analyze market trends, opportunities and the competitive landscape to help guide FreeWheel's strategies and direction as well as help set and evaluate pricing models for new products
- Bachelor's in computer science, electrical engineering, mathematics, or physics
- 5+ years of experience leading a cross-functional product team of engineers and designers for a consumer or SaaS technology product
- An obsession to solve customer problems in creative ways, leading a team to innovate on behalf of customers with a focus on outcomes over feature output
- A proven ability to discover creative solutions to customer problems through value, usability feasibility and viability testing
- A track record of relentlessly executing to get a product shipped to customers at scale
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with SQL, Python or R
- Outstanding communication skills: ability to convince through crisp, concise written memos ; as well as present verbally to senior leadership, across both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience with SSPs, Exchange, DSPs, or online TV/linear TV ad operations is a plus
FreeWheel offers a dynamic and flexible work environment with competitive salary and benefits packages. We laugh until our stomachs hurt at least once a day and work harder than anyone else because we love and believe in what we're doing. We are on a mission to shape the future of television and this is your chance to be part of it.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer