Associate Product Manager, Linear Data Platform
Founded by a team of executives from the world's leading technology companies, FreeWheel is building the media operations platform for the unified television market.
Companies including ABC, DIRECTV, ESPN and NBC Universal depend on our robust advertising management/ monetization platform, leverage our private marketplace for premium television inventory, and seek out our advisory services, so they can generate revenue from their ad supported content.
The mission of the Linear Data Platform squad is to build a stable, scalable, trustworthy data platform based on linear viewership data, linear audience data, and linear ad log data, in such a way that it can be effectively linked with parallel digital data. We make data accessible to our external clients in the form of easiest to use, automated solutions, and to our internal FreeWheel counterparts in a streamlined way that allows them to data-enable our inventory and solutions. We are looking for a strong, motivated product expert with a technical background, good business sense, solid communication skills, and ability to partner closely across revenue, services, product, and engineering teams to deliver results.
- Provide leadership and establish a shared vision for FreeWheel's data and data products
- Develop, launch and maintain the entire product life cycle from ideation to production with the help of a crossfunctional squad against established, prioritized business goals
- Identify new product opportunities from industry or internal challenges and perform market/competitive analysis to inform product decisions and strategy
- Oversee Engineering's product development efforts, including product design and feature specifications, and ensure product built is functional, operational and meets requirements, using scrum agile methodologies prioritizing feature tradeoffs when necessary
- Define and consistently measure quantifiable success metrics of owned products, especially with each additional feature
- Capture client use cases and reexplain their objectives using words understandable by your intended audience (i.e. marketing, engineering, clients themselves, etc.)
- Maintain a general awareness and understanding of the advertising/media operations and cable TV/contentproviders landscape, including vendors, partners, and new dynamic web-advertising technologies
- Remain an expert on the competitive landscape & upcoming industry trends
- Collaborate with other squads and teams to execute companywide goals
- Use limited resources effectively by building business cases for new products/features, prioritizing needs based on squad objectives. Clearly highlight business case assumptions and suggest ways to vet assumptions prior to further investment
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Position requires approximately 15% time for travel (domestic and international)
- A degree in math, engineering, computer science, business, or equivalent, ideally with at least 4 years of experience in product management and/or premium video advertising technology
- Strong leadership and communication skills while being a solid teamplayer
- Selfstarter with experience working with Engineering and clients to create, execute and test technical user-centric designs that lead to scalable solutions
- Strong mathematical, statistical and analytical skills comfortable with numbers and data, and excited to solve problems that seem difficult at first glance
- Must be able to develop an excellent grasp of the strategic, competitive and economic dimensions of business, as well as our clients' businesses
- Outstanding project management skills and strong attention to detail
- Supersmart, passionate about what you do, ready to show up for your squad, and fired up about the opportunity in front of FreeWheel
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer