Director, Business Operations
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
We are currently seeking a Director, Business Operations. This high achieving person will be responsible for driving Business Unit performance, ensuring execution of the operating plan, and supporting the General Manager across all Business Unit responsibilities. He/she will partner closely with various customer-facing leaders through identification, prioritization, implementation, and tracking of operational improvements and new business/partnership opportunities. He/she will provide valuable insights on drivers of sales performance and customer activities with the goal of growing customer value across FreeWheel's suite of software and solutions.
The ideal candidate will be a strategic thinker and executor with a proven track record of assessing, monitoring, and improving business performance. He/she will thrive in ambiguous environments with the ability to diagnose root cause drivers of challenges with a proven ability to propose improvements and lead change management efforts. Additionally, the ideal candidate will possess strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work independently across multiple levels of the organization. He/she must be able to manage senior stakeholders, influence others, build consensus, and drive accountability to ensure execution against operating targets.
- Support the General Manager to achieve Business Unit goals
- Implement the PBU operating rhythm' through setting and managing the operating targets & performance standards (i.e. KPIs) in partnership with the COO group in order to achieve strategic goals and financial success
- Drive execution of the PBU's operating plan in partnership with leadership. Support leadership to efficiently hit key operating metrics and remove roadblocks across the organization to do so.
- Partner with the Client Segment leads and their teams to manage the PBU deal desk (customer pricing, deal terms, contract language) and identify new opportunities
- Serve as the intersect point to the rest of the organization, connecting PBU with other FreeWheel Business Units to identify, scope and support execution of coordinated go-to-market efforts
- Partner with the COO group to develop and manage design and execution of FreeWheel company-wide initiatives incentive plans for the PBU
- Partner with General Manager on all organization related responsibilities related to effective organization design, workflow, governance and role accountabilities to ensure the business is set up to deliver against company goals
- Successfully drive process improvement efforts across the PBU to achieve significant financial, operational, customer satisfaction, and/or employee satisfaction impact.
- 8+ years of professional experience, preferably at a B2B software and/or media/advertising technology company
- Prior experience at a management consulting firm or internal strategy team highly preferred
- BA/BS in Business/Engineering/Finance (top school preferred), MBA preferred
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with excellent business judgment
- Ability to work at all levels of the organization to take challenging, ambiguous, or visionary concepts and turn them into well scoped projects and deliver successful process improvements.
- Analyze and identify process improvement opportunities and partner with key stakeholders to scope and ensure alignment with strategic priorities
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to motivate, influence and gain commitment at all levels of the organization
- Stellar MS Excel skills Advanced analysis, reporting, formatting, data manipulation and presentation
- Strong understanding of Sales methodologies, processes, common challenges and best practices
- Familiarity and expertise working with CRM technology required, Saleforce.com highly preferred
- Generally requires 10+ years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer