Director, Digital Testing & Insights
Position: Testing & Insights Director (XCS-XD)
Location: Philadelphia, PA (HQ)
Reports to: Senior Director, Experience Design Journey Design, Testing & Customer Insights
Who We Are:
We're a world-class group of innovators committed to transforming the digital landscape, one award-winning experience at a time. Here at Xfinity Digital, we manage the digital properties for millions of Residential (xfinity.com) and Business Services (business.comcast.com) customers. It's a collaborative environment that values bold ideas and independent thinkers. Ours is an entrepreneurial, fast-growing team that creates opportunities to educate, and enlighten both new and existing customers. And whenever possible, surprise and delight our audiences, too. We strive to build long-lasting relationships using enhanced flows, smart features, and self-healing solutions to foster trust and loyalty with our entire customer base. Because outstanding customer experience is our best product, period.
What We're Looking For:
Testing & Insights Director, Experience Design
You live and breathe metrics and analytics. You're a leader on our testing team, possessing in-depth experience working with and overseeing projects in an advanced analytics or research and insights group in a large ecosystem comprising diverse data, technology, tools, and processes. You're accustomed to managing and motivating teams that conduct research, including developing hypotheses, identifying and collecting data, analyzing the data, and distilling findings into insights that are relevant to executive stakeholders as well as actionable. You possess a thorough grasp of our business drivers and can help stakeholders make savvy decisions. Throughout it all, you're a relationship-builder who can gain alignment and create impact throughout the organization. Your passion for testing great user experience is contagious.
What You'll Do:
- Work closely cross-functional teams and stakeholders to building strong relationships that lead to identification of ways the testing & insights team can enhance business value.
- Proactively evaluate, capture, and translate complex business questions into a structured analytical plan, including identification of effective work-streams.
- Scope, plan, and oversee the implementation of multi-phase projects and set up measurement frameworks and actionable insight generation.
- Build and maintain ongoing relationships with key vendors.
- Assemble, manage, and mentor a team of digital analysts and consultants, providing coaching and training.
- Manage usability testing/research as well as multivariate and A/B testing.
- Deliver actionable insights and strategic recommendations to stakeholders and leadership teams, using data to tell a compelling story.
- Determine when and how to use quantitative and quantitative research tools, and models.
- Develop and communicate goals, strategies, tactics, analytic plans, timelines, and key performance metrics to reach goals.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
What You'll Need:
- 10+ years of relevant work experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Psychology, Anthropology, Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, Digital Media, Human Factors, Cognitive Science related discipline or equivalent experience. Masters degree a plus.
- Familiarity with a range of in-market testing methods (A/B, multivariate, etc.)
- Ability to work and lead across functions, disciplines, and levels.
- Background in leading multiple projects across various internal teams.
- Solid experience in managing teams of digital analysts, usability researchers, and consultants, helping them to deliver on time and to standard in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in Podio, Microsoft Office, Omniture, Adobe Suite, Test & Target, Analytics, Audience Manager, Pulse Insights and other relational database analytical tools, as well as, a willingness to learn new skills as needed.
- Ability to quickly grasp and convey complex analytic principles and techniques.
- Strong business acumen and demonstrated aptitude for analytics that stimulate action.
- Awareness of industry and competitor best practices and trends.
- Astute problem-solving and critical analysis skills, as well as an obsessive attention to detail.
- Superb written, oral communication, and presentation delivery skills.
Where You'll Hang Your Hat:
You'll be a key player on our overall Experience Design team which is just one part of Xfinity Digital. We reside at Comcast's corporate headquarters in the heart of Philadelphia. And yes, the cheesesteaks here are that good.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer