Manager 1, Application Development
Responsible for system development and planning and directing the design, development, and systems analysis for all computer applications programming. Manages team which may include exempt and non-exempt employees. Serves as subject matter expert and provides guidance to employees as required. Develops processes and procedures to drive department efficiencies. Assists in the development, and meeting of, departmental budget.
- Manages full life cycle of multiple systems projects by preparing project plans, allocating resources, prioritizing projects and tasks, consistently monitoring and reporting project status and timelines, and ensuring adherence to project specifications.
- Meets with Business Partners and users to understand system requirements and serves as a primary liaison and escalation point to users, Business Partners, other internal business units, and third party software vendors.
- Oversees the Application Development team, providing clear directives, project specifications, timelines, and allocation of all necessary resources.
- Coordinates the rollout of new application releases.
- Manages and supports a team of Developers.
- Manage and coordinate funding with internal customers for contracted software automation development, and manage and coordinate with those vendor partners to ensure product meets customer expectations.
- Manages all the deliverables using Project Management techniques including planning, estimating, tracking and oversight, quality management, risk management, and communication management.
- Recruits, builds, and nurtures high performance team including but not limited to providing feedback and training as necessary, conducting performance reviews and managing personnel issues within the team.
- Presents concepts and technical information in common terms to end user(s).
- Provides recommendations and input for hardware purchases and budgetary items.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Participates in a shared 24x7 engineering management oncall rotation
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent
- Experience in development
- Software Automation Experience
- Information Sciences, Technology, Computer Science
- Generally requires 6-9 years’ related experience
- Leadership experience highly preferred
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer