Manager, Government Affairs
Responsible for managing the daily activities of the Government
Regulatory Affairs department. Assists with local regulatory,
franchising, and public policy matters for assigned geographic area.
Implements legislative strategies, monitors legislation, and coordinates
state association management. Manages department professionals and
non-exempt employees and provides subject matter guidance.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how
you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being
open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that
brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
- Manages franchise renewal and transfer efforts for assigned franchises
consistent with the strategies and policies for the market area.
Prepares franchise renewal applications and supporting data for renewal
negotiations and assists in preparation of renewal strategy.
Participates in franchise renewal negotiations with municipalities
and/or their consultants.
- Supports the government relations and public policy strategy as
developed for the market.
- Identifies important municipal issues of significance to the company.
- Drafts, analyzes, and/or presents legislation, amendments, and
testimony as necessary.
- Oversees franchise-required construction installation of complimentary
cable services to public buildings, including the negotiation of any
additional terms and conditions with Local Franchise Authorities (LFA).
- Reviews, interprets, and communicates meanings of the terms and
conditions of franchises, franchise-related agreements, and other
contracts for implementation to ensure compliance with legal and
- Manages service complaints associated with complimentary services.
- Oversees additional duties related to community affairs.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Communications / Public Relations, Business
- Generally requires 6-9 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer