Sr. Software Engineer, Digital Home
Comcast shapes the future at the intersection of media and technology. We create world-class experiences that people love and trust, and we drive innovation that builds value. We bring TV and Internet, sports and news, communications and home management, theme parks, and movies to millions. Come join us in building the future!
We are seeking a senior software engineer to join our Digital Home group, which is responsible for creating and shipping the internet and home security experiences that delight our customers and exceed their expectations. Within Digital Home, thexFiSpeed Platform team builds a middleware layer supportingxFiclients for speed test for interfaces for web and mobile.
In this role you will collaborate with designers, testers, product managers, and other developers across the organization. While the primary responsibilities will includeleadingdevelopment offeatures for existingxFiproducts and building new APIs, you will have opportunities to contribute to all aspects of the product lifecycle.
You must be able to pick up new technologies and patterns quickly, be a team player, and be able to adapt to changing business and customer demands. The ideal candidate can articulate what she or he has learned from past engineering experiences, whether it was operating a web service at scale or solving a problem for an audience of one.
- Demonstrable experiencewith the software development cycle: product specification, design, implementation, QA, release, and maintenance
- Experience with one or more Object Oriented Programming languages
- Experience with Java, Python and AWS services
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
The perfect fit for folks who have:
- A strong sense of ownership and responsibility for code quality that follows best practices
- The desire to see the big picture/the whole project, not just the piece you are working on
- Knowledge of deploying and operating on public or private cloud infrastructure (Amazon Web Services, Azure, OpenStack)
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Deployment tools (Jenkins, Concourse CI)
- Familiarity with cloud computing tools and technologies (S3, SQS, Cassandra...)
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer