Information Governance Specialist
The individual will be responsible for complex projects and initiatives that support Information Governancerelated systems and processes to address business needs. Responsibilities will include executing and owninghighly complex projects, as well as tracking critical project achievements. Workingwithmultiple internal and external stakeholders in order toestablish and achieve goals.Actingas a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment.Mayassist internal and external counsel with responding to eDiscovery requirements and government investigations, in addition toactingas liaison between legal technology, IT Support, service providers, outsidecounsel and case team members. Due to the nature of the role, the candidate must have leadership presence and be comfortable presenting to senior leaders. In addition to project work, thecandidate musthave the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical personnel in a clear manner, while possessing aworkingknowledge of the Electronic Discovery Reference Model, Information Governance, and eDiscovery workflows (litigation hold procedures, legal information management, information governance processes and technologies, data privacy, data management, forensic issues).
- Provide expertise by way of multi-disciplinary knowledge and experience working with: Legal, eDiscovery, Internal Audit, Information Technology/Security,Privacyand Compliance/Risk.
- Contribute to the design of improved processes for information flow and suggests opportunities for system integration.
- Define problems and analyze and develop strategies to achieve assigned objectives.
- Strong knowledge of information lifecycle management.
- Assist with measuring and reporting statistics on achieving eDiscovery and Information Governance goals and objectives.
- Develops, maintains, and manages detailed project plans, action items, andmilestone timelines for all assigned projects.
- Creates and maintains process workflow documents to support business needs.
- Manages all assigned projects to completion ensuring on-time delivery, meeting of budgetary demands, and maintaining overall project ownership.
- Addresses problems through risk management and contingency planning and presents solutions and/or options to executive management. Ensures effective implementation of solutions/changes.
- Demonstrates excellent organization, communication, and time management skills.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters ofsignificance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) asnecessary.
- Otherduties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Solidexperience as it relates to Records&Information Management and eDiscovery
- Strong organizational skills, follow through and demonstrated leadership
- Strong task management capabilities and the ability to prioritize work streams
- Quickly grasps thesituations andresolveproblems
- Ability to use and analyze data to identify process improvement opportunities
- Ability tobuild positive working relationships with subject matter experts
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- Generallyrequires 5-7 years related experience
- Minimally requires 3-5 years of eDiscovery/Information Governanceexperience in a corporate or law firm environment
- Well-developed tracking/record-keeping, analytical, andproblem-solvingskills
- Proficient with eDiscovery software
- Proficient in MSOffice 365
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, specifically related to business and technical writing
- Strong customer-service orientation toward internal and external customers
- Ability to communicate and connect with all levels of the organization
- Team player, collaborative, adaptableand flexible
- Self-motivated and works independently
- Team-oriented and works well in a collaborative environment
- Fluent with theMicrosoft Office 365
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer