LOCATIONS: Dulles, VA / Philadelphia,PA / Mount Laurel, NJ
Responsible for planning and designing new software and web applications. Analyzes, tests, and assists with the integration of new applications. Oversees the documentation of all development activity. Trains non-technical personnel. Assists with tracking performance metrics. Provides guidance and support to other Engineers. Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities. Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment. May lead teams or projects and shares expertise.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users, and advocates of our game-changing technology, products, and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making callbacks and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Collaborates with project stakeholders to identify product and technical requirements. Conducts analysis to determine integration needs.
- Designs new software and web applications, supports applications under development, and customizes current applications. Develops software update processes for existing applications. Assists in the roll-out of software releases.
- Trains junior Software Development Engineers on internally developed software applications.
- Oversees the researching, writing, and editing of documentation and technical requirements, including software designs, evaluation plans, test results, technical manuals, and formal recommendations and reports.
- Keeps current with technological developments within the industry. Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and products. Reviews literature, patents, and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Assists with technical leadership throughout the design process and assists in guidance with regards to practices, procedures, and techniques. Serves as a guide mentor for Software Development Engineers.
- Assists in tracking and evaluating performance metrics. Ensures team delivers software on time, to specification, and within budget.
- Works with Quality Assurance team to determine if applications fit specification and technical requirements. Tests and evaluates systems, subsystems, and components.
- Acts as a technical contact and liaison for outside vendors and/or customers.
- Presents and defends architectural, design, and technical choices to internal and external audiences.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent, and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Desired Technical Skills
- Experience in architecting and designing of enterprise applications including publishing of design artifacts, process flows, and pseudo-code.
- Experience in designing and development of full stack applications in a high-volume transaction based call center environment.
- Experience in database modeling.
- Experience in developing prototypes on new concepts and technology.
- Experience with programming languages like Java, C++, Python;
- Experience with Integration development frameworks like Spring Framework, Spring Integration, Camel etc.;
- Experience with Relational databases like MSSql, MySQL, Oracle, and No-Sql Databases like MongoDB;
- Experience with unit test frameworks like JUnit, TestNG etc.;
- Experience with SOA, Restful and Micro services technologies;
- Experience with Open source messaging solutions like Rabbit MQ, Kafka;
- Experience with Cloud development environments like Pivotal Cloud Foundry, AWS, etc.
- Experience with CI/CD tools like GoCD, Jenkins, Concourse etc
- Expereince with secured code development practices
- Experience with full stack development
- Experience with data analysis and reporting using tools like R, Python is a plus
- Experience with Telco or Cable industry a plus
- - Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- - Engineering, Computer Science
- - Generally requires 7-11 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer