Account Exec, Programmatic and Digital
FreeWheel, a Comcast company, has superior end to end technology, premium marketplace, and best in market advisory services that power the advertising businesses of the largest media and entertainment companies in the world, including AOL, DIRECTV, Fox, NBC Universal, Turner Broadcasting System and Viacom in U.S., and Sky and Channel 4 in Europe. From our unique position at the center of the premium video economy, we enable our clients to unify audiences across desktop, mobile, OTT, and traditional STB devices, and profitably monetize their content. Headquartered in San Mateo, with offices in New York, London, and Beijing FreeWheel stands to advocate for the entire industry through the FreeWheel Council for Premium Video.
The Account Executive, Programmatic and Digital will be accountable for driving adverting spend on digital video media for FreeWheel's North American Markets business, which enables the most premium video publishers such as TV Programmers, MVPDs, and major digital media publishers to monetize their content programmatically at scale. The emphasis of this role will be on activating spend against FreeWheel's OTT, CTV, STBVOD and other connected device inventory.
The role will be assigned buy side accounts that will include brands, agencies, agency trading desks, and/or DSP media buyers and will be responsible for understanding those buyers' media and operational needs and for providing media solutions from FreeWheel's premium publishers to delivery on their advertisers business objectives. This role will be based in New York.
- Regularly call on assigned brands, agencies, agency trading desks, and DSP media buyers to activate DiD spend, especially across OTT, CTV and connected device supply.
- Support linear sales teams on issues related to digital and programmatic campaigns; support on IO-based campaigns where required.
- Understand performance objectives and operational requirements of media buyers
- Identify and create inventory packages that meet buyers' needs
- Sell both Deal ID transactions as well as traditional IO-based transactions that meet buyers' needs
- Convey deal parameters and operational requirements to Demand Sales Account Management and Ad Operations teams
- Provide internal teams with buy side perspective, including business needs, opportunities, trends, etc.
- 3+ years of experience selling programmatic advertising, with aggregated digital video experience strongly preferred
- Deep knowledge of issues around premium video, including OTT, STBVOD, CTV and other connected devices.
- Proven success selling programmatic advertising at a major DSP, SSP, exchange, network or publisher
- Experience curating PMPs and packaging inventory to meet buyers' business needs
- Deep understanding of the programmatic advertising ecosystem, including transaction models and value chain economics
- Strong buy side relationships with contacts across brands, agencies, agency trading desks, and DSPs
- Willingness to establish new contracts and build relationships
- Strong desire and commitment to deliver results for clients
- Outstanding communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
- Eagerness to work in an entrepreneurial and rapidly evolving team environment
- High integrity and EQ
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 7+ years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer