Engineer 1, Engineering Ops
The Engineer 1 of OSS/BSS Operations will provide end-to-end production support for Enterprise Applications. Engineer will be tasked with supporting OSS/BSS, Middleware and Data Management Systems, including billing, provisioning, activation, authentication, and transaction processing, location service Customer Care and Technician's applications.As part of team, you will be responsible to support critical systems/applications that our customer-facing employees depend upon in their daily work activities to provide the best possible experience to our customers.The member of this team must work closely with application owners and build an excellent working relationship with team members. The member of this organization needs to have a strong knowledge mix of both technical and business flows to support applications/ platforms, as well a strong focus on customer experience. The team member has to demonstrate excellence in Incident Management and Problem Management.For this role we are looking for passionate people with a strong business sense and great communication skill. This role provides you opportunities to gain deep insight into the actual operation of a world class support organization. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Able to perform effective Incident Management from incident start through resolution, partnering with Engineering and Deployment to determine root causes, and driving rigorous Problem Management to follow through on actions
- Fosters and encourages a culture of clear and precise communication, continuous improvement, and employee engagement
- Focused on best-in-class reliability engineering and operations methodologies
- Development of tools
- Bachelors' Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 0-2 years experience in Telecommunications, Middleware, Networking
- Experience with Incident Management, Problem Management, Service Availability Management, and Change Management.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, with ability to articulate complex emergent situations clearly and plainly.
- Preferred Knowledge of Oracle Fusion Middleware (SOA Suite), MuleSoft, SOAP, ESB, OSB, Weblogic, Rest services (JSON), WSDL, XML, XSL/XSLT, VISIO, Excel, API, Microservices, WebLogic, Cloud, LaaS, PaaS, Cloud application design principles, Cloud computing platform
- Experience in cable industry preferred
- Highly collaborative with a strong work ethic.
- Embraces challenges, displays strong creative flexibility.
- Familiarity with Site Reliability Engineering (SRE)
- Familiarity with ITIL and/or eTOM frameworks
- Preferred Proficiency in any coding/scripting language: Python, Node JS, Selenium, Java Programming language, etc
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer