Director, Government & Regulatory Affairs
Day 1 benefits for new hires!
Responsible for local regulatory and public policy matters for the assigned geographic area.& Develops and implements legislative strategies and monitors legislation within the municipalities and counties.& Works with elected officials, city and county staffs on matters affecting the business and coordinates local advocacy organizations to further the company’s business goals.& Oversees corporate initiatives and community affairs activities.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- Develops and implements strategy for government affairs and public policy issues for specific franchises as well as strategy for local regulatory initiatives. Secures and maintains franchise operating authority for the company.
- Manages the maintenance of local franchise administration and database information; and ensures the timely delivery of franchise renewal notifications.
- Develops and maintains relationships with government representatives and regulators at the local level. Travels to attend meetings, hearings, or other events to represent the company.
- Manages outside counsel, consultants, or lobbyists to implement strategies or initiatives.
- Maintains community affairs budget(s).
- Oversees programming related to corporate initiatives and community affairs activities.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Field of Study: Communications, Public Relations, Business
- Generally requires 10+ years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer