Mgr 1, Construction
Responsible for managing designs and construction of all activities in
support of plant constructions, rebuilds, and existing plant upgrades.
Works closely with the leadership team to develop budgets and allocate
appropriate funds for new builds, rebuilds, upgrades, and other
construction efforts. Provides management support for Design,
Construction, Fiber Construction, Planned and Emergency Restoration,
Utility Relations, and Project Management. Has accountability for
managing financial resources. Provides subject matter guidance to
employees. Has overall responsibility for developing/administering
performance standards for organizational unit. Manages team which may
include exempt and non-exempt employees. Provides subject matter
guidance to employees as required. Develops processes and procedures to
drive department efficiencies, assist in development, and meeting of,
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how
you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being
open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that
brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
- Schedules construction projects; oversees compliance of safety
standards and quality control of construction projects.
- Initiates and monitors processes for expenditures and ensures budgets
- Verifies that applicable construction codes and safety regulations are
- Maintains a high level of productivity, assuring time-frames are met
for projects occurring simultaneously and tracks and generates reports
on project status.
- Manages all projects to meet or exceed minimum specification to
Company Construction Policy, FCC Technical Standards, NEC, OSHA, State,
County and/or City and all other applicable agencies.
- Maintains an invoice verification program on all contractor projects.
- Works with Marketing and Commercial Development to ensure budgeted
subscribers are built, activated, and/or upgraded, as needed.
- Manages Supervisors, Specialists and Technicians to provide feedback
in order to help employees with career development.
- Practices and ensures Company safety policies and procedures are
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Finance
- Generally requires 6-9 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer