Software Development Engineer
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Are you passionate about networking and WiFi and solving internet issues that customers face at home? Do you want to work on open-source software that provides a common framework for powering customer-premises equipment such as set-top boxes, modems/routers? Do you like big challenges and working within a highly motivated environment?
As a Software Engineer on the RDKB team, you will work on developing features that enhance the customer experience using Broadband products. The RDKB team is a small and fast-moving team of world-class experts who are innovating and developing features that enhance the user experience with networking and WiFi solutions. We are a team that thrives on big challenges, results, quality, and agility.
Who does the Software Engineer work with?
The Director Engineering in the CPE SW Platform Engineering group provides technical leadership across broadband CPE products and technologies. This position requires the ability to work with Product Managers to define product requirements, provide direction to the Product Development engineering team, and drive the product through development and testing. This role also needs the evaluation of new products/features, and drives new feature and product initiatives into the Quality Assurance organizations. We're a group of experienced technical minds who are the last word when it comes to solving problems encountered by our production support teams.
What are some interesting problems you'll be working on?
In your role, you develop features which positively impacts millions of customer’s daily life. You will be working with a world class team to enhance customer experience by providing new features and optimizing existing RDKB features.
Where can you make an impact?
You'll be working with the best and brightest minds in Comcast, while we roll out the new xFI and IOT features. Success in this role is characterized by a higher speed to market, with fewer customer-facing defects and outages.
- Design and develop various features for Wi-Fi gateway product
- Codes software applications to adhere to designs supporting internal business requirements or externals customers.
- Provides technical assistance to trouble shoot customer issues
- Works with QA teams and develops fixes.
- Performs a variety of tasks and works under general supervision
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline with 3 to 5 years of experience.
- Strong experience on C programming and embedded Linux
- Good understanding of TCP/IP internals and common network protocols such as DHCP, DNS, HTTP
- Experience in management protocols like SNMP/TR69
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Experience in yocto build environment is a plus
- Experience in 802.11 protocol is a big plus
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Computer Science, Engineering
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer