Director, Employee Communications
Day 1 benefits for new hires!
The Internal Communications Director is responsible for developing and executing internal communications strategies and programs for the Washington Region. That could include strategy development, content development and management, effective use of technology in audience communication, written word, video, other technologies and functional communications for the Washington Region. Provides communications leadership and direction for multiple functional areas, working with senior leaders. Ensures appropriate resources to achieve financial and business objectives. The individual in this role is primarily responsible for developing and executing communications strategies that bring alignment and clarity to our regional plans, working with the Regional VP and SLT to bring the vision to life for our employees.
The ideal candidate achieves success through strategic business acumen and planning; exceptional
written and verbal communications; unique, creative, and streamlined communication approaches; an eye for detail that ensures flawless execution; fearlessness about working with new technologies and new ideas; and the ability to inspire confidence, manage through influence, and build strong, trusting relationships.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- Partner with the VP of Internal Communications to develop, execute and manage an overarching communications discipline for several functional areas of the business. Including but not limited to: strategic communications development, creative content development, editorial calendar, change management communications, consistent look, feel and tone for all communications and standardizing processes across the organization.
- Primarily responsible for communications and coordination among the core business units within customer experience, partnering with SVP’s to communicate key strategic business goals and helps move the business forward through strong communications programs.
- Responsible for innovating, developing, and managing new technologies for communicating with internal audiences.
- Responsible for functional internal communications across the West Division.
- Acts as a Change Management agent and ensures communication initiatives and programs are flawlessly implemented and executed.
- Manages contracted resources as needed, including creative agencies, event planning firms, graphic designers, etc.
- Provides guidance and leadership within teams or projects/initiatives; Leads teams and projects that involve cross-functional partners as necessary.
- In partnership with other Communicators, project manages and executes employee events and activities specific to customer experience initiatives.
- Develops and executes strategic employee communications and engagement plans designed to support key business initiatives, long-term goals, and projects related to the company’s customer experience transformation.
- Develops and oversees Employee Communications initiatives designed to support key business objectives, long-term goals, and projects.
- Oversees the development of broad-based Employee Communications tools providing employees with messaging and industry/competitive context for all key business initiatives.
- Establishes company best practices and tools for communications and persistently researches new industry tools and practices.
- Writes, edits, and directs company-wide communications.
- Works directly with individual systems and functional areas to build awareness and use of corporate communications vehicles.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent.
- Generally requires 10+ years related experience.
- Candidate will possess extremely strong written and verbal communication skills, strong strategic communications skills, newsroom-style editorial skills, manage communications vendors, along with the ability to develop, write and edit interesting pieces of content for publication across several areas of the business.
- Ability to write quickly; distilling complex concepts into key messages is critical in a fast-paced environment.
- Candidate will be able to effectively research, develop, implement and use technologies for communicating with internal audiences across devices, platforms and audiences.
- Can manage and edit communication messages and tailor as needed for various audiences.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Candidate will have proven experience building collaborative relationships with an ability to influence in a matrix organization
- Experience in or with change management initiatives.
- History of proven collaboration, facilitative skills and business partnerships.
- Self-starter: Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects and flexibly adapt to changes in our operations/operational environment.
-Proven ability to develop, create, and deploy the communications portfolio for a large, complex, geographically disperse organization.
- Excellent customer service orientation and problem-solving/negotiation skills.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently against tight timelines without sacrificing attention to detail.
- Expert level Word, PowerPoint skills and some medium level Excel skills necessary.
- Preferred Photoshop Skills; basic graphic design skills a plus.
- HTML skills a plus.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer