Customer Experience Rep (Billing)
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Facilitates interactions with customers in a way that is in accordance
with the Company's service delivery strategy. Establishes rapport and
promotes effective relationships, upholding Comcast's commitment to the
customer experience through our Credo, Voice of the Customer (VOC)
surveys, and the Comcast Customer Guarantee.
Responsible for accurately and confidently handling customer inquiries.
Promotes Comcast products and services and makes recommendations that
meet customer needs. Relates well to the customer, demonstrates
favorable image of the Organization through effective use of soft skills
(including active listening and problem solving skills), professional
communications and internal/external customer interactions. Exercises
sound judgment within the scope of their empowerment, and acts in the
best interest of both the customer and company.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how
you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being
open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that
brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
- Demonstrates functional skill in communicating and explaining basic
account information to the customer with focus on first-call resolution.
Must be able to accurately calculate and communicate taxes, fees, one-
time charges, and/or recurring monthly fees. Explains billing cycles,
processes, and prorates effectively to ensure that customers understand
their statements. Corrects discrepancies on customers' billing
statements, and researches customer billing situations as necessary.
When appropriate, follow established escalation procedures to expedite
- Ability to multitask between multiple tools and systems (knowledge
base, team meetings, supervisor) and apply information and knowledge to
- Demonstrates awareness of company policies and procedures while
applying sound judgment within scope of their empowerment and follows
guidelines for Customer Proprietary Network Information (CPNI) and
Personal Identifiable Information (PII).
-Prepares work orders, processes payment information, and attempts to
collect delinquent account balances.
- Begins to act as a product consultant, articulating product features
and benefits and making recommendations based on customer
needs/interests; identifying buying signals and asking for the sale,
reselling current value or right-size, delivering a quality customer
-Educates and promotes self service options.
- Fundamental understanding of competitive environment and begins to
position Comcast's products positively to our customers.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, structured, dynamic and high-
transaction environment, with the ability to maintain composure in
stressful situations and manage and diffuse angry or upset customers.
- Demonstrates ability to achieve established goals and performance
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Attends training as required.
- Works independently, and seeks Supervisor support when necessary.
- Interacts with customers via telephone, e-mail, or face-to-face to
assist with a variety of customer inquiries and issues. Must be able to
wear telephone headset and manipulate objects such as pen, keyboard, and
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- High School or Equivalent
- Generally requires 0-2 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer