Senior Product Manager, Blockgraph
Blockgraph, a startup being incubated by Comcast, is hiring a Product Manager to help build the business from the ground up. Blockgraph is a distributed peer-to-peer platform based on blockchain technology that will improve consumer data security and data-driven advertising effectiveness. We are working with the biggest names in TV and premium video to improve ad planning, addressable targeting, ad execution, and measurement across linear and digital TV. Our business aims to increase the value of advertising as a whole by allowing marketer participants to anonymously match their data sets with programmers, distributors and other marketers in order to target or analyze consumers on any device without giving up proprietary customer information.
This individualwill work on the team building out the core platform, applications, and the overall community. As a product manager, he/she will be responsible for the business direction, technical approaches and production of the platform, APIs, and UIs. This role will also work on gathering user feedback and requirements, and functions across the distributed platform as well as contribute to the foundation setup of company principles, culture and infrastructure. This person will work in teams comprised of product management, business, engineering and DevOPS to own ideation, design, construction and ongoing improvement of these areas of the platform.
We work in an agile, lean startup mode so the work will be fluid and fast paced. In addition, we are building a decentralized platform that is in large part managed by Blockgraph customers, so you will be working very closely with the business and technical teams of the clients and partners.
This role will, in conjunction with the product and engineering teams, define component business priorities, architectures, and manage fast cycle releases across the system and it's relevant components. This person will work very closely with engineering and business operations not just on technical products but on resource utilization/allocation and throughput, and organizational rigor/discipline for bringing products to launch and growing them over time. Extensive customer interaction will be expected.
Responsibilities and Requirements
- Working with clients and team members to deeply understand the business realities of the television industry and the generalized problems and opportunities at play in a high change industry
- Inventing and designing elegant solutions to a trustless decentralized approach enabling rights-managed use of decentralized data in a privacy compliant fashion
- Designing and shepherding the launch and ongoing enhancements of a system that can scale by size gracefully, be easily supported yet form the foundation of numerous yet to be identified' derivative applications
- Setup, foster and grow a technical developer / partner community able to build quality applications atop the underlying BlockGraph platform
- Understand and incorporate supportability, cost and ease of use concepts into solution designs from version 1 on through a mature platform
- Help structure and administer a community of clients who are installing, running and modifying their own nodes in a distributed system
In order to be successful, this person must thoroughly understand:
- Advancements in technology supporting transacting, translating, processing large volumes of data at high speeds and strategies for scaling and 'future-proofing' a rapidly growing data-driven company
- Design and operation of distributed and peer to peer systems, encryption and Blockchain technologies
- Advertising technology systems such as Ad Servers, SSPs, DSPs and DMPs
- Big Data and cloud native data management and warehousing systems
- Software strategy, design, development and management at scale and in lean startup, fast cycle agile environments
- How to recognize the pattern in the noise of a very rapidly changing, massive set of global industries around TV and Entertainment.
- What it takes to build and operate 'bleeding edge' products at varying stages of their lifecycle, with resource tradeoffs from prototypes, v1s thru to scaled production systems.
- The tightly interwoven one team' organizations in agile environments with teams made of mixed departments including Engineering, Sales, Marketing, Services, etc.
- How to speak with customers and develop the perception as an industry expert and key partner in helping clients navigate a dynamic marketplace.
- Be able to wear many hats and shift to the work that needs doing as it needs doing
This position will require frequent and meaningful interaction with clients and prospects. To be a leader in this environment will require the ability to quickly grasp the key elements of advertising, TV, online video and cable businesses. This position also requires being comfortable with uncertainty and balancing the needs of many large clients with speed of creation and innovation. The ability to effectively work within a startup organization but also across very large complex client companies such that senior exec clients and partners look to you for guidance and advice.
An ability to inspire and motivate a smart, diverse, and extremely ambitious team (existing and new) is critical.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science or another technical degree
- Generally requires 5+ years related experience, preferrable in AdTech software
- Known for being a smart, systems thinker who approaches their work with logic, enthusiasm, and customer empathy
- Detail oriented, flexible in the way that a startup requires, comfortable in a very collaborative and team-oriented environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to present complex topics effectively
- Strong analytical thinking skills and results driven personality
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer