Supervisor, Business Information Systems
Military Experience Welcomed!
Day 1 Benefits for New Hires!
Responsible for the development and maintenance of reporting, querying and analysis solutions. The BIS supervisor is also responsible for developing, modifying, and implanting a beneficial strategy for business information systems and ensuring best practices are maintained.& Investigates and evaluates new applications and hardware/software upgrades. Shares expertise and prioritizes the effort of the team and interacts with business partners to inform on BI development at Comcast. Directs work of others.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Monitors the development and implementation of new computerized systems and procedures. Works with end users to develop specifications.
- Decides or recommends feasibility of development projects. Evaluates capacity to implement in-house or use vendors. Assigns approved projects to Business Information Systems Analysts.
- Maintains the operating system for the host computer; arranges for installation, upgrades, and troubleshooting of operating system programming problems.
- Interviews and hires new staff. Recruits, builds, and nurtures high performance team. Prioritizes, assigns, and reviews work. Prepares and reviews employee performance evaluations.
- Prepares and presents a variety of project status reports and staff reports for consideration by department leadership.
- Develops and maintains ongoing relationships with hardware, software, consulting, and employee resource vendors to ensure that the Company's systems are adequately supported and external influences on the Company's management information systems center are understood.
- Assists in the development, implementation, and maintenance of a Disaster Recovery Plan that ensures the Company's information systems are protected.
- Evaluates all major system modifications and development requests to determine potential benefits and impact on business and information system operations.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 4-7 years' related experience
- Tableu and SSRS experience preferred
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer