Analyst 3, Finance (Revenue Strategy & Tools)
Responsible for providing business performance analysis, reporting, and forecasting. Responsible for analysis, calculation, and implementation of revenue rate changes in the West Division while working effectively with multiple organizations including Marketing, Headquarters, Information Systems, and Regions. Provides a variety of financial data; maintains and updates financial models and plans. Provides financial analysis and projections to all levels within the organization in support of functional business objectives. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline. Usually determines own work priorities. Acts as resource for colleagues with less experience.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Provide ad hoc financial reporting to operations partners and leadership.
- Perform data queries to assist revenue operations with ad hoc financial reporting.
- Conducts recalculations, and analysis of product revenue rates and price offerings.
- Performs coordination role in calculating and implementing rate changes. Effectively communicates rate change recommendations.
- Ensures rate adjustments and new product allocations are completed timely and accurately.
- Maintains records and data sources of rate changes.
- Develops both process and expertise on rate adjustments and Comcast pricing
- Becomes a subject matter expert on the Rate Adjustment Tool (i.e. automated system for rate calculations).
- Partners with Marketing Product Management and Finance Information Systems to ensure rates are entered into (CSG) billing system accurately.
- Provides budget, forecast, and variance analysis and related reports as needed.
- Conducts financial research, analyzes financial performance against objectives, and determines emerging financial trends.
- Provides rationale behind reports and analysis and relays them in simple terms.
- Creates and maintains statistical/financial databases and reports. Runs appropriate weekly, monthly, and annual reports.
- Interacts as team member and sets the pace for the Financial Analysts team. Interfaces with other department member on special projects or on an as-needed basis.
- Performs additional Business Operations duties and tasks as required.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 5-7 years related experience
- Team player with excellent internal and external customer service skills.
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively to all levels of management.
- Strong MS Excel skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Experience and expertise using SQL and tableau are preferred.
- Billing system and rate analysis preferred
- Oracle Essbase preferred
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to adapt and change quickly. Think thoroughly and creatively through challenges.
- Ability to work independently under short deadlines in a team-oriented environment.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer