Principal Engineer 1
Job Title: Engineer 5 (Principal Engineer), Software Engineering
- Hands on experience in Architecture, Design, Development of complex applications for network and Telecom Domain
- Ace programing skills in multiple languages like C, C++, Java, Python
- Experience in architecting applications in cloud environments like AWS, PCF etc.
- Experience with developing/enhancing applications connecting to different Databases : Oracle, MySQL, Cassandra, MongoDB, Redis
- Working Knowledge of Messaging Middleware / Queues : Kafka, Zookeeper, RabbitMQ
- Well versed with Continuous integration and delivery, Jenkins, Ansible and other CDCI technologies
- Exposure to Bigdata / toolsets : Hadoop, HDFS, HIVE/PIG
- Experience in creating, troubleshooting and fixing Infrastructure, associated DevOps processes for deploying Applications
- Experience with Web Servers/Proxies (NGINX, Apache). Load balancers like HAProxy, F5 etc.
- Experience with setting up, reviewing & enhancing Automation strategies for Web Applications & WebServices
- Experience in grooming technical talent, driving technology initiatives
Education Qualification & Work Experience Criteria:
- Bachelor's Degree or Masters in Engineering (Computer Science or IT or equivalent technical discipline)
- Minimum 15 Years of experience in an IT or product development or telecom or equivalent work environment.
Principal Engineer (PE), Software Engineering-is an independent Technical leader, responsible for Designing-Architecting-Enhancing continuously complex Systems & Applications as part of the Mobile Telephony Service. As a Technical leader, the PE provides architectural & technical support to a Team of very talented engineers focusing on complex systems and network elements. Requires a strong technical background to ideate, review & course correct Technology initiatives that help in achieving all the Functional & Non-Functional Goals for the group. Also, require a hands-on ability to challenge the team and provide them Technical direction. Clearly identifies technical gaps, root causes complex system-level issues, constantly looks out for industry, Comcast best practices to be adopted and improved as applicable for the scope of the group objectives. Proactively identifies, analyzes & provides guidance on technology debts. Owns the Technical skill development-Works with Management Team(s) to identify the Talent needs, helps in recruiting the best-fit talent available & grooms talent to meet the necessary skill demands of the Projects & programs.
Promotes the use of industry and Company technology standards to deliver the best Customer Experience across all channels (Web, Custom & Mobile Applications). Monitors emerging technologies/technology practices for potential use within the Company. Helps to ensure a balance between tactical and strategic technology solutions. Considers business problems end-to-end: including people, process, and technology, both within and outside the enterprise, as part of any design solution. Mentors, reviews codes and verifies that the object oriented design best practices and that coding and architectural guidelines are adhered to. Identifies and drives issues through closure. Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities. Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment.
The successful candidate will be responsible for quality software development following agile principles and help install and operate systems in a continuous delivery model. The selected person should be a team worker who has experience working along with a geographically distributed team. Strong analytical, programing and troubleshooting skills to understand-analyze business requirements and build quality deliverables, as well as operate and sustain complex systems.
- Architects, Designs & Develops Solutions for the Functional & Non-Function needs of the programs. Works with the Business, Product & Project Management stakeholders to understand & achieve the specific objectives.
- Owns the Responsibility of developing, reviewing & approving all technology artefacts including solutions, bug-fixes. Needs to make sure they are well engineered, operable, maintainable, and delivered on schedule.
- Ensures programs are envisioned, designed, developed, and implemented across the enterprise to meet business needs. Interfaces with development, QA, Product management team and other technical/functional architects.
- Tracks and documents requirements for enterprise development projects and enhancements. Translates business requirements into clear Technical functional/non-functional requirements
- Monitors current and future trends, technology, information & processes that will positively affect organizational projects; applies and integrates emerging technological/process trends to new and existing systems, approach.
- Mentors the team on all Technical skills, & tracks-reviews the individual performance against the objectives periodically.
- Mentors team members in relevant technologies
- Practice test-driven development in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Skills and expertise:
- Ace programming skills in multiple languages
- Hands-on experience with the Technology stack mentioned above & having performed an Architect role on Telecom and networking applications.
- Experience in working with diverse, multi-discipline teams spread across geos. Mandatory to have worked in an environment that had Backend (API & Data Layer) Engineers/Leads, Product Owners, Scrum Masters, , UI Teams, QA teams & L2/DevOps groups to accomplish overall project goals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Comcast is an EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace.
Comcast NBCUniversal is an equal opportunity, Veterans, Disabled and LGBT employer