Program Manager, L&D - Business Services
The Program Manager, Learning and Development, is responsible for managing the instructional design strategy and execution of content/programs for Comcast Business Services Sales employees (specifically Mid Market and MES Sales, however, can be reassigned at any time). Critical to this role is managing the instructional integrity of curriculum across all programs to ensure quality and effective training. This position will work in collaboration with fellow CU Program Managers, subject matter experts, and business clients to design, develop, and implement a blend of strategic learning programs for a variety of subject areas, including, but not limited to: Product, Systems & Tools, and Selling Skills. These programs are developed and delivered in instructor-led, self-directed and virtual/digital learning formats. This individual is responsible for engaging in the full instructional design and development cycle, and uses and recommends technology-based tools to improve the instructional integrity of training materials and is responsible for facilitation of train-the-trainer sessions.
(May perform any or all of the following duties.)
- Manage overall instructional design responsibility of core sales programs and materials/curriculum to ensure business needs are accurately identified and met in areas such as:
c.System & Tools
- Collaborate with University staff, business management and other departments regarding training needs, curriculum design, development and delivery in order to create relevant solutions for business units. Develops high-quality, cost-effective training programs. Conducts training needs analysis.
- Designs, develops and implements learning strategies that supports large scope blended solutions as well as single business events
- Continuously updates and enhances existing programs taking into account new delivery methods and solutions.
- Creates sound maintenance plans to keep programs current with changing business needs, digital-first technology and company strategy.
- Continually implements a systematic instructional design model to optimize capability to develop courses that may include a wide variety of media.
- Manages project timelines and coordinates with others to meet project deliverables
- Insures program supports business objectives and goals for the Business Services(Sales) College
- Facilitation of train-the-trainer sessions
- Manages in-house resources (SMEs) and outside consultants/vendors to produce innovative learning solutions
- Develops (and oversees) all components of respective training program(s), including but not limited to: learning objectives, performance objectives, participant materials, facilitator materials, videos, job aids and assessments.
- Ensures learning modules and components are incorporated into the New Hire Program in a timely manner.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of respective training program(s) through operational metrics.
- Analyzes and manages strategies to maximize learner performance.
- Effectively manages assigned projects within project requirements, quality, timelines, and budget.
- Prepares, updates, and presents training programs and seminars, as required.
- Travels, as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Generally requires 5-7 years' experience in a sales or L&D environment
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- Experience in Instructional Design, preferably in a sales training setting
- Knowledge of sales methodology
- Proficiency with graphic design and multi-media tools such as: Articulate, Captivate, Photoshop and/or other eLearning development tools
- Knowledge within Learning Management Systems, Online Learning, Adobe Suite, and preferably audio/video exposure.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven expertise with large-scale organizational learning initiatives
- Proven ability to establish and maintain positive relationships in a matrixed organization
- Work location may be flexible depending on Comcast Footprint and business need
- Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer