Coord 2, Facilities
Responsible for coordinating with outside contractors and in-house
services performing a wide variety of tasks related to the maintenance
and operation of the building and grounds. Provides support and
assistance to senior management as well as other departmental employees.
Ensures building provides a safe, positive, and professional image of
the Company. Works with moderate supervision/guidance. Is accountable
for individual results and impact on team.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how
you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being
open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that
brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
- Work with local vendors and service providers to maintain all facilities and facilities functions
to a best-in-class level of service.
- Maintains a database of all building vendors and handles vendor billing and expenses. Enters
data into Facility Management program and Asset Management program for monthly updating.
- Assists in preparing budget and accounting expenses. Tracks all expenditures, verifies receipts and
payments; reconciles invoices and questions unanticipated budget analysis; performs other tasks
necessary to track and/or report on budgetary development.
- Work with Facility Manager updating monthly employee/department locations and processing
related space reports.
- Oversees seating/department locations and updates floor plans as needed.
- Arranges meetings and special events for all facility personnel.
- Ensures that buildings are in compliance with Company & OSHA checklists.
- Effectively communicates with internal business units and coordinates temporary services
for HVAC/electrical shutdowns and other unanticipated events.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends,
variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- High School or Equivalent
Field of Study:
- Basic education, with some focus on business operations helps.
- Entry level IFMA certifications help; any OSHA or other regulatory certifications are an asset as well
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer