Director of Technology & Ops
Looking for an environment with that start-up vibe where your talent could affect millions of users and go from concept to deployment quickly? If you love being on the technology cutting edge of delivering innovative new products for entertainment, communications and smart technology for the home, we would love for you to be a part of changing Comcast's history.
We are looking for a talented and motivated Technology & Operations Director to lead, manage and mentor the efficacy of our Infrastructure Operations and IT teams in a full-time role. The candidate should thrive in a dynamic, cross functional, collaborative and casual culture where passionate, highly skilled people let great ideas flourish.
Comcast Silicon Valley Innovation Center (CSV) was created via Comcast's acquisition of start-ups in the San Francisco Bay Area since 2008. And we have managed to retain our high-energy startup culture, even as we have evolved the product and team and expanded our charter across multiple business lines.
Who will you be working with?
INO is a lean, fast and agile team comprised of a network operations team, a systems operations team and a DevOps team. They are responsible for the provision and management of the network, infrastructure and operational layers for engineering from development to release managed within CSV's Data Centers, Comcast's National Data Centers and Public Cloud Services. Over 15 engineering projects are currently under their management.
The IT team is a high-touch customer service-oriented support team managing a full stack of support from technology procurement to usage and training. As a group, they manage premise security systems, audio/video systems and some aspects of facilities management working closely with the administrative support team.
Both INO and IT provide a shared service solution for everyone at Comcast Silicon Valley in close cooperation with other TechOps teams from the Headquarters office in Philadelphia.
What are the responsibilities for this role?
In your role, you will bring technology thought leadership in various device management, collaboration tools, asset management, IT Service Management, business applications and desktop support. You must be able to influence, negotiate and develop relationships with all levels of the organization. Other responsibilities will be:
- Manage infrastructure operations for a 24x7 environment across 3 Data Centers and AWS
- Manage IT for Windows servers/Desktops/Laptops, MacOS, Collaborations Tools such as Active Directory, O365/Exchange/Sharepoint/OneDrive/MSteams, Identity management
- Partner with engineering and other operations teams ensuring security, product delivery and systems availability, and address key IT support and usability concerns for employees
- Effectively define and analyze metrics to drive standards, influence team behavior and achievement of goals
- Ensure IT/Operations Team is adhering to Information Security, Regulatory Compliance, Incident Management, Problem Management, and Change Management processes/practices.
- Implement a Service Monitoring capability to proactively address the operational issues for all customer facing infrastructure assets
- Ensure all technical procedures (Installation, Configuration, Run books) are documented and updated and are contributing to the maintenance of operational standards
- Responsible for all technology procurement, asset inventory management, including hardware, software and related documents and contracts
- Lead strategic planning, influence and drive prioritization of initiatives with functional stakeholders
- Develop and communicate the roadmap of projects and initiatives to functional stakeholders
- Understand vendor roadmaps, manage relationships, feedback and escalations, negotiations and contract renewals
Where can you make an impact?
You'll be working to support cutting edge projects within Comcast: The future of Xfinity is being researched and developed here at Comcast Silicon Valley. You will work with the best minds and be exposed to technologies and ideas that you would not likely to see elsewhere. If you enjoy working in a cube by yourself at a 9 to 5 job, you will probably not fit well here. We are looking for people with bright minds that can engage multiple ideas and can think outside the box without limits.
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelorof Science or related technical degree in Computer Science, Information Science, Information Technology or a related field
- 10+ years of professional experience in Information Technology with 5+ years of professional experience in a 24x7 Operations environment
- 6+ years in management capacity.
- 5+ years of experience with operating system (Linux/Solaris/general UNIX) installation and administration in an Internet services environment.
- Practical experience or exposure to most of if not all components of AWS: EC2, Beanstalk, ELB, Route53, S3, Cloudfront, etc.
- Security certification like CISSP, CISM will be a plus.
- Solid understanding of Windows Servers (2012/2016), Active Directory, Microsoft O365 Suite, Windows 10, MacOS, SCCM, JAMF, Asset Management, IT Service Management, OKTA Single Sign On, Networking
- Good understanding of security best practices related to Internet facing systems, IT infrastructure and related services
- Progressive IT leadership experience with emphasis on Infrastructure Design and Deployment, and ITIL Services Management
- Strong budget management, forecasting and planning, project management, organizational/business planning and relationship building skills
- Enthusiastic, high-energy individual, self-motivated, people-oriented, and self-directed
- Great troubleshooting skills and deep understanding of technology problem-solving techniques and methodologies coupled with a strong sense of urgency
- Possess excellent verbal and written skills; ability to present IT concepts clearly and concisely to management and end users
- Passion for technologies and systems continuous improvement
- Demonstrated people skills and the ability to work closely with internal customers
- Proven record of building high performing teams in a distributed and/or remote work environment
- Proven history of thriving in a robust and collaborative environment, while dealing with ambiguity
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer