Analyst, Software Dev & Engineering
Responsible for formulating, developing and communicating Business Insights across the PPS organization. As an Analyst 2 on the Business & Domain Operations team, the candidate will work closely with end users to understand business challenges, provide insights through data analytics and deliver reporting solutions. The candidate will be expected to apply analytics and insights on the Domain Operating Model, the Financial Portfolio, Operations/Resiliency and DevOps effectiveness. Strong communications and people skills are required to support design sessions, training and review of analytics and solutions.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them guidelines for how to do your job.
- Own the customer experience think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our tools and experiences.
- Win as a team make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Conduct detailed data analysis, identify business insights and communicate recommended action.
- Validate data to insure data quality and consistency as well as alignment with business value and outcomes.
- Analyzes user needs, document requirements and revises existing system logic as necessary. Works with Software Developers to support design and development as required.
- Interacts with end users to gather requirements and scope of effort. Performs analysis of user needs, documentation of requirements, and translation into proper system requirement specifications.
- Prepares detailed functional and technical specifications from which software will be written.
- Point of contact for domain owners to communicate and maintain key metrics in the areas of labor model, finance, operations and work delivery.
- Collaborates with Software Engineers and Data Configuration Analysts to negotiate and define data solutions.
- Identifies and assesses probable interactions of related systems and predicts impact of a change in an assigned system.
- Functions as a liaison between the client, community, and internal Software Engineers and/or external software vendors to develop system solutions for processing systems or business problems.
- Proficient in SQL queries across various database platforms Oracle, SQLServer, MySQL
- Able to implement BI visualization experiences tableau, OBIEE
- ETL tool experience and knowledge
- Ability to manipulate and analyze data
- Ensures data quality and integrity across source and reporting systems.
- Supports the BI team and business users in validating that the systems meet the requirements. Participates in unit, integration, and test procedures. Compares test results against requirements to validate that coding is accurate.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Field of Study
- Information, Science, Technology
Years of Experience:
- Generally requires 2-5 years of related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer