Senior Accountant, General Accounting
Location: National Accounting Shared Services (NAO) Philadelphia, PA
Reports to: Accounting Supervisor National Product Support
Has in-depth experience, knowledge, and skills in own discipline. Usually determines own work priorities. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience. Responsible for the financial close process for assigned Business Units. Responsibilities include preparation of monthly journal entries and account reconciliations, analysis of monthly operating results, review of financial schedules submitted by finance personnel and special projects as requested.
- Tracks and analyzes key financial metrics and operational procedures to foster process improvements. Drives operational efficiencies and cost savings.
- Participates in the development and utilization of financial models and analysis.
- Evaluates financial risks and opportunities by creating and reviewing operational and financial metrics.
- Assists with the preparation of weekly, monthly, and annual financial reports.
- Researches variance to budget and forecast through detailed operational and financial metrics and explains results.
- Prepare fluctuation analysis of monthly operating results.
- Prepare monthly reporting package for assigned businesses.
- Present/Communicate monthly operating results to the assigned business units; Provide business units continuous support on related accounting issues.
- Compile, adjust and evaluate accruals for assigned business units to ensure accuracy; Record monthly journal entries in Oracle Financial Application.
- Reviews journal entries during month and year-end processes.
- Monitor and analyze general ledger accounts to ensure accurate financial information is presented to management at month-end.
- Update monthly account reconciliations in support of ending asset and liability balances and research and resolve reconciling items.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education Level:-Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study:-Accounting, Finance
Years Experience:-Generally requires 5-7 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer