Principle Engineer - Cloud Service Reliability Engineering (SRE)
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world’s best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Billions of requests.& Millions of Customers.& Comcast designs, builds and operates applications at scale that have a tangible impact on our customer’s lives.& The Technology and Product team is working to deliver the next generation of applications.& We want to build things our customers will love.
We are seeking a Principle Engineer for our Service Reliability Engineering (SRE) team focused on our VMware private cloud environment.& This engineer will lead automation efforts for the platform, focusing on improving and maintaining our self-service portal as well as our utilization optimization tools.& As a principle engineer on a cross-functional team of engineers we will also be looking for you to provide mentoring and guidance to other team members as they continue to learn how to use software approaches to solve performance, availability, and reliability challenges for our customers.& To this end your communication and collaboration skills are just as important as your technical skills.
We are very interested in attracting a diverse range of candidates from different backgrounds. If you aren’t sure if you qualify, please err on the side of applying.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Write new code to provide additional features – exposed through both APIs and a Web console-for customers of our VMware Private Cloud.
- Maintain and refactor existing self-service APIs
- Improve system availability and performance challenges across a large, complex private cloud environment with code.
- Participate in the full SDLC process (e.g. perform code reviews, write automated tests, etc)
- Mentor junior team members.
- Use your technical expertise to help improve the larger Cloud team by working with peers on other teams to deliver collaborative solutions.
- 11+ years of development experience with languages like Go, Python or RubyExperience with the VMware 6.x REST APIs
- Experience working on projects relating to large-scale, highly available customer-facing products and services.
- Knowledge of modern technical operations practices and tools: source control (Git/Hg/Subversion); continuous integration; automated testing; automated deployments and deployment pipelines
- Familiarity with service-oriented and “cloud-native” architectures and an understanding of design principles for scalability, performance, and reliability
- Familiarity with distributed systems, asynchronous messaging, and networking protocols
- Experience with several open source applications, frameworks, and libraries
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer