Developer, Data Applications
Comcast Spotlight is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Lead Developer to join its Data & Systems team.The ideal candidate should be comfortable working on a multidisciplinary team, in a fast-paced, highly-demanding environment. S/he will work closely and collaboratively with an integrated product & engineering team to lead strategy and development of tools, services & applications focused on the business end of the organization.
The Lead Developer should be very comfortable researching new technologies and best practices to ensure our software and systems remain on the cutting edge and must have a strong programming background and the ability to research, optimize and advance existing systems. This candidate will also develop short and long-term strategy and standards based on his/her insight and experience.
Comcast Spotlight has many exciting initiatives for 2019 & beyond, the right candidate will be a major contributor to the product team and the organization. They will be responsible for technology decisions as well as serve as amentor/lead to developers when needed. This role reports directly to the Sr. Director of Data & Systems.
- Programming and application development background
- Knowledge of data analysis, data verification, and software development concepts
- Experience working with third party and internal APIs
- Reviews, writes, and edits codes. Conducts analysis to determineintegration needs.
- End-to-end ownership of backend systems & initiatives, planning & strategy
- Back End Development and Data Automation- Python/R/SQL/AWS/.Net
- Build and monitor automated internal systems and infrastructure
- Researches, writes, and edits documentation and technicalrequirements, including software design evaluation plans, test results,and technical manuals.
- Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and products. Reviews literature, patents, and current practices relevant to the solution ofassigned projects.
- Works with the Quality Assurance team to determine if applications fit specification and technical requirements.
- Applies full use and application of engineering methodologies relatedto area of engineering specialty.
- Displays knowledge of engineering concepts and skills and knowledge oftheir application in the area of specified engineering specialty.
- Displays knowledge of, and ability to apply, process design andredesign skills.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in mattersof significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to worknights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Computer Science, Engineering
-Programming and application development background
- Experience with database systems, queries, and normalization
- Knowledge of data analysis, data verification and software development concepts
- Self-Starter, ability to solve complex problems with cutting edge technology
- Some knowledge of systems administration and infrastructure and performance tuning
- Basic knowledge of GIS and mapping systems desirable
- Good communication skills, ability to mentor and work collaboratively and have fun.
- Generally requires 0-2 years related experience
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer