Eng2, Software Dev & Engineering(SDET)
Responsible for validating product quality by analyzing and testing the quality of the code base. Focuses on writing code that will be executed in an automated and repeatable fashion which will reduce manual testing efforts and increase code quality and consistency. Develops and maintains code that validates front-end, middleware, and database systems, using the latest tools and programming languages.
Partners with software engineers to write efficient automation code using coding standards and best practices. Works with engineering team to deliver automated tests that satisfy product automation requirements. Executes automated code and creates written summary test reports for team. Repair intermediate complexity broken automation scripts. Works with moderate guidance in own area of knowledge.
Write and edit automated test code, using the same standards as a Software Engineer, that allows for repeatable, reliable testing solutions to test the wide functionality of products and software in accordance with specifications and technical requirements.
Write tools and scripts for analysis of data
Execute automated test scripts, and evaluate results.
Analyze broken test cases and diagnose and troubleshoot
Help troubleshoot issues in testing and in field defects
Assist in identifying viable test strategies in order to support testing product functionality.
Document software artifacts including Test Plans, Test Summary Reports, code, etc.
Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
Attend daily scrums
Work with teams on different time zones
Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
At least 2 years of hands on experience working with Linux (Centos or Ubuntu preferred)
Experience in installing Linux like Operating system would be helpful
Development experience on Unix like environments
At least 2 years' experience with development IDEs and tools Eclipse, Xcode, IntelliJ etc.
Understanding of various development methodologies - Agile and Waterfall
At least 2 years' of hands on experience with RESTful API development
Must be able to translate RAML and/or OpenAPI specifications to code
2-3 years' experience with tools such as POSTMAN, JMETER, SOAPUI
2-3 years' experience with Defect tracking tools like JIRA, BugZilla, Rally or ALM
Experience with source code repositories GIT or SVN
Fundamental understanding of Compliers, Interpreters and Operating Systems
Understand Database deployment models and database design principals
At least 1 year of hands on experience with NoSQL Databases. Cassandra preferred.
At least 1 year of hands on experience with SQL MySQL preferred
Networking concepts TCP/IP, UDP, OSI Model
Experience with tools like tcpdump, WireShark, ping, traceroute etc.
Experience in troubleshooting network issues would be helpful
Working experience in a QA organization is preferred
Willingness to learn
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex or any other legally protected category.