Comcast's Digital Center of Excellence strives to deliver cutting-edge interactive experiences throughout the customer lifecycle across all of Comcast's B2C and B2B customer segments. The residential e-commerce and self-service digital experiences for Comcast welcome 50+ million monthly visitors and Comcast-NBCUniversal's properties rank in the top ten most visited in the United States according to Comscore. Every year, this team generates millions of new customer relationships and manages 280 million customer transactions. Comcast's digital team of marketers, designers, developers and strategists distinguishes itself by constantly monitoring and optimizing the online experience to realize business goals and provide personalized solutions to customers.
This benchmark digital business has created a unique opportunity for an exceptionally talented digital and eCommerce executive to join as Vice President of eCommerce. This high impact role is responsible for developing new and deepening existing customer relationships across all five product lines- internet, video, wireless, home security and home phone, for both residential and business locations. This leader will drive the digital acquisition prospect journey from strategic planning through execution of all online sales channel activity across desktop, tablet and mobile to transform and double digital sales over the next three years!
Comcast's future VP of eCommerce will ensure an optimal sales customer experience to initiate, continue and deepen customer relationships over time, reducing churn in our subscription-based revenue model. Our digital sales team focuses on engaging customers in contextual and targeted ways. They monitor performance metrics and carefully examine customer feedback to find new ways to improve the online shopping experiencemaking it simple and easy for customers to order the right products and services.
The VP of eCommerce will manage a strong eCommerce team and collaborate with key functions including marketing, product, user experience, operations and technology. This role will enhance conversion capabilities with a focus on measuring and optimizing daily results-the most critical being the growth and profitable performance of the eCommerce business. Driving consumer engagement and increasing revenue with our current customers through upsell, cross-sell, and retention will be another critical measure of success. This role has significant visibility to the most senior levels within the organization given the criticality of the online business to the digital transformation of the overall company.
This position reports into the SVP of Digital Sales and Marketing and is based in Comcast's corporate headquarters in Philadelphia, PA.
The ideal candidate is an innovative digital leader and collaborative builder who is driven by the opportunity to win in this highly competitive market by building a transformational purchasing experience with passion. The candidate will have significant experience optimizing an ecommerce funnel leveraging strong analytic curiosity to enable him or her to challenge traditional processes and drive creative solutions. This leader will be a big picture thinker who is also detail and results-oriented, organized and committed to flawless execution. This ideal candidate will also be an inspirational leader who articulates a compelling vision and leads a team to realize it. The ability to influence at an executive level through exceptional business acumen, domain expertise and gravitas is also critical.
- Provide leadership and vision to evolve the eCommerce strategy to drive significant online sales growth and accelerate the channel shift to digital. Deliver a customer-centric, eCommerce journey.
- Deliver a compelling, digital merchandising strategy and customer centric eCommerce journey that showcases the unique value proposition of Comcast business and residential product lines. Drive online engagements to conversions that establish the beginning of the customer's experience with Comcast.
- Drive the day-to-day eCommerce business leveraging consumer insights, data and analytics to optimize every point in the sales funnel from offsite media through onsite engagement through buyflow sales conversions. Focus on rigorously monitoring competitor efforts, site changes and industry trends and taking timely action.
- Advocate for the digital business (marketing, product, sales, business intelligence, etc.) across headquarters and our divisions. Collaborate broadly with all team members and partners to build the business through continual communication, monitoring and enhancing the digital "DNA" of the organization.
- Lead, develop and motivate a strong eCommerce team to achieve best in class results.
- Partner with digital product managers that will oversee internal product development, enhancements and delivery, including definition of the product roadmap and customer experience, development of the business case, product specifications and prototyping.
CRITICAL LEADERSHIP CAPABILITIES
Innovative and Strategic Thinking:
In this position, strategic direction is essential as well as making sure that the vision is clear to all who are developing creative work.
- Translates broad strategies into clear, specific objectives and plans that can be implemented by individuals. Creates plans that address specific segments.
- Thinks beyond annual goals to what could be possible and builds a plan to get the team to achieve it.
In an organization where a single great idea is not enough, this digital sales leader will provide the framework and vision to execute high quality work at a rapid pace.
- Works to achieve goals while overcoming obstacles or planning for contingencies.
- Shows strong feelings and sense of urgency about reaching targets.
- Outstanding analytical rigor and an ability to translate data into strategic insights.
- Strong business judgment and decision-making skills; ability to identify, prioritize, and articulate highest impact initiatives.
- Reviews performance and progress on a regular basis to ensure team is achieving results
Collaborating and Influencing
This executive will work closely with many stakeholders and partners providing direction and leadership outside of a reporting relationship
- Invites and uses the opinions and perspectives of others.
- Inspires people by engaging them in dialogue to gain commitment and bring them on board, linking their perspective to the intent.
- Adapts their own approach to the audience, preparing for and working through possible resistance.
- Proactively resolves conflict by discussing individual issues with each person.
- Generally, requires 15+ years of related experience, 10 years+ experience leading a large eCommerce team ideally at a subscription, or services company.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in change management within a complex, highly matrixed organization.
- Experience driving campaigns and engagements that drive significant impact on conversion, with a proven focus on ROI.
- Expertise in strategic and creative principles that will develop big, disruptive ideas deeply rooted in customer insights, derived from all consumer channels.
- Cross-functional team leadership in a large organization. Exceptional leadership, interpersonal and relationship management skills. Ability to manage owned priorities while partnering in a large organization with several competing resource constraints. The ability to self-manage and manage others, across, up and down an organization.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer