Analyst 3, Finance & Accounting
Responsible for providing financial analysis, reporting, and general support
to Managers and Directors. Has in-depth experience, knowledge, and skills in
own discipline. Usually determines own work priorities. Acts as a resource for
colleagues with less experience.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you
do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers
first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them
promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being
open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings
more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles,
making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Tracks and analyzes key financial metrics and operational procedures to foster
process improvements. Drives operational efficiencies and cost savings.
- Participates in the development and utilization of financial models and analysis.
Prepares budgets and forecasts as directed by Manager.
- Evaluates financial risks and opportunities by creating and reviewing operational
and financial metrics.
- Assists with the preparation of weekly, monthly, and annual financial reports.
- Researches variance to budget and forecast through detailed operational and
financial metrics and explains results.
- Reviews journal entries during month and year-end processes.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and
weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Intermediate to Advanced Proficiency in Excel (including importing/exporting
data, basic experience applying formulas & functions, connecting to external
datasets, able to build spreadsheet models, dashboards and automated templates, etc).
- Interacts as team member and sets the pace for the other Financial Analysts
on the team. Interfaces with other departments on special projects or on an
as-needed basis. Adhoc work will at times be a combination of operational
and financial metrics.
- Experience using a multidimensional database as an Excel Add-In to analyze
data, i.e. SAP BW, Essbase preferred.
- Basic knowledge of accounting concepts (including accrual-based accounting
methods, general ledgers, balance sheets and income statements) preferred
- SQL experience creating queries, pull/analyze data
-Experience with SSRS or SSIS
-Experience with Tableau, Teradata or similar tools.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Accounting, Finance
- Generally requires 5-7 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer