Sr. Principal Engineer, VIPER CDN
We are looking for engineers to join our Content Delivery team. Do you love to build massive, distributed, and amazing systems? Are you passionate about open source software, and building systems using it? Do you like to add immediate, tangible business value?
As an engineer in the CDN team, you will help build the infrastructure and develop software to support the systems that deliver IP content for a wide range of mobile and first-screen television devices. As part of the larger Comcast engineering teams, you will help shape the next generation of IP content delivery and transform the customer experience. Using the tenets of DevOps, you will have the opportunity to own the entire stack, from architecture to production.
Who does the CDN engineer work with?
Traffic Control is the Open Source CDN control plane for which we lead the development, and this project represents our primary focus. Want to learn more? Visithttps://trafficcontrol.apache.org/. There you will find the documentation, source code, and every open bug. We're a small team, delivering state-of-the-art software solutions at the leading edge of CDN technology.
What are some interesting problems you'll be working on?
We deliver petabytes of traffic and tens of billions of transactions every day. Our software infrastructure is crucial in analyzing this data to visualize trends, and enable deep-diving into issues.
Where can you make an impact?
Thinking out of the box and considering the customer experience are key to our success. We never want to impact service unless it is in a positive manner. We need additional team members to follow their passion of engineering thought leadership, coding and contribute to the delivery code at the heart of many organizations!
Provide technical leadership in a fast-paced environment
Interact with the Open Source community with focus on Apache Traffic Control
Keep current with emerging technologies in the CDN and surrounding knowledge spaces
Drive to ensure all changes made are positive to customer experience
Collaborate with project stakeholders to identify product and technical requirements
Conducts analysis to determine integration needs
Ensure the software architecture is lean and extensible
Design new software applications, support applications under development, and customize existing applications
Diagnose performance issues and propose and implement code improvements
Ensure software modules are reliable for reuse
Work with Quality Assurance team to determine if applications fit specification and technical requirements
Here are some of the specific technologies we use for Traffic Control:
- Go (golang)
- Linux (CentoOS)
- Apache httpd
- An open mind and a passion for coding excellence
- Experienced technical leader 4+ years of technical leadership (Leadership not Management)
- BS in Computer Science and 8+ years equivalent experience
- Knowledge of Object Design, Design patterns, and Algorithms
- Experience in OO programming languages Java or C/C++. Experience with GoLang highly desired
- Experience developing software for Networking, Web services, DNS, HTTP, and TCP/IP
- Good communicator; able to analyze and clearly articulate complex issues and technologies understandably and engagingly
- Great design and problem-solving skills, with a strong bias for architecting at scale
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills, adaptable, proactive and willing to take ownership
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
About the CDN Team:
CDN is a passionate and high paced team within Comcast's Technology and Product Division and is based in Denver's LoDo district. Our technology is open-source based, and our products deliver video and other content over IP infrastructure to an array of connected devices in and out of the home.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer